Area Family in Need to Receive a Dayton Gems Christmas
Dayton, OH - The Dayton Gems professional hockey team, a proud member of the Central Hockey League, announced that they will once again be donating a special Gems themed Christmas tree to one deserving local family to help celebrate this holiday season. A. Brown & Sons Christmas Trees in Clayton has graciously donated the tree to be given to a family in need.
Fans can nominate any family they feel would be deserving of the tree, but the family must be located within the Dayton area. The nomination deadline is Sunday, December 18.
To nominate a deserving family, please email Gems team president Joe Greene at firstname.lastname@example.org with all of the following information to be considered:
Your Name, Your Phone Number, Name of Family being nominated, Phone Number of Family being nominated (so that we may coordinate delivery of the tree) and Why this family deserves a Gems Christmas (in 250 words or less). For more information, contact the Gems at 937-275-7777.
The unique tree will be decorated with autographed ornaments and gifts courtesy of the Gems. Also included with the tree will be an autographed stick and team poster, tickets to an upcoming Gems game, a chance to sit on the bench during pregame warmups, a tour of the Gems locker room, select merchandise from the team store, food for a Christmas Dinner provided by Gordon Food Service in Trotwood and much more.
Gems players will personally deliver the tree and prizes to the winner's home for the second straight year, after a successful first Gems Christmas in 2010. Last year, Karen Blair was the recipient of a Gems Christmas after being nominated by Teresa Woodhouse, Karen's mother in law. In an e-mail to the Gems, Woodhouse explained the recent hardship the family had experienced with Karen's husband away serving in the armed forces.
After selecting the Blairs as the first annual winner, three Gems players delivered flowers, presents, food and the Gems decorated tree to Karen and her 3-year-old daughter Ava.
The Gems return home on Saturday, December 10 to host the Quad City Mallards on Cassano's Italian Ice inside Hara Arena at 7pm. Tickets are now available by calling the Gems ticket office at 275-7777 or by visiting www.DaytonGems.com . Discounted tickets are also available for groups of ten or more, and include special group perks. Call 275-7777 for details.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2011
- Rush Fall Just Short Against Mallards by 3-2 Score - Rapid City Rush
- Bucks Lose in Heartbreaker - Laredo Bucks
- Killer Bees Fall to Americans 4-3 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Mallards Drop Rush 3-2 - Quad City Mallards
- NYTEX Sports adds Tier 1 Hockey in New York - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Quad City's David McKee Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - CHL
- Mallards' McKee Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - Quad City Mallards
- Thunder to Find New Place on the Radio Dial - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Make Roster Moves - Kansas City Mavericks
- CHL-TV Introduces 5 and 10 Game Packs - CHL
- Dayton Gems Acquire Zulyniak in Trade with Missouri - Dayton Gems
- Area Family in Need to Receive a Dayton Gems Christmas - Dayton Gems
- Oilers Weekly Update - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Gems Stories
- Dayton Gems Donate Thousands of Dollars to Local Family & Area First Responders
- Dayton Gems End Season After 6-2 Loss to Komets Sunday
- Gems Play Season Finale Against Komets Today
- Gems Fall in Overtime to Komets 2-1 on Saturday Night
- Gems Host Komets for "Pack the House Night"