Thunder to Find New Place on the Radio Dial
Wichita, KS- The Wichita Thunder announced Tuesday that Johnson Enterprises, Inc., the parent company of 93.5 FM KWME, Sports Radio 1130 AM KLEY in Wellington and Sports Radio 1550 KKLE in Winfield, has moved their FM station to a different place on the dial. As of Monday morning, KWME has signed off of 93.5 and is now airing on 92.7 FM.
Gordon Johnson, owner and general manager of KWME, believes the change will mean better service for KWME for those in the Wichita listening area who are looking for the Wichita Thunder hockey games.
"We are pleased to finally see this change happen," said Joel T. Lomurno, General Manager of the Wichita Thunder. "We are doing our best to serve our fans and having the games on a station in the market that they can listen to is a good step."
Due to programming conflicts, certain games will not air on 92.7 KWME. All games can be heard on 1550 KKLE, by downloading the Tune In Radio app on your smart phone or listening on www.wichitathunder.com. Wichita will travel to Allen, TX on Thursday and that will be the first game that can be heard on 92.7 FM KWME. Friday night's game against Texas will be on 1550 KKLE starting at 7:30pm. Pre-game begins 15 minutes prior to the opening face-off.
Wichita will return home this coming Saturday to take on the Texas Brahmas at 7:05pm. Saturday is also Teddy Bear Toss Night, brought to you by Bank of the West. Bring a new stuffed animal and throw it onto the ice when the Thunder score their first goal. The stuffed animals are then delivered by the Thunder players to local homes, donated to charities and given to underprivileged children for Christmas. Last season, the Thunder collected 795 stuffed animals. For ticket information, call 755-SEAT, visit the INTRUST Bank Arena box office or online at www.selectaseat.com .
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2011
- Rush Fall Just Short Against Mallards by 3-2 Score - Rapid City Rush
- Bucks Lose in Heartbreaker - Laredo Bucks
- Killer Bees Fall to Americans 4-3 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Mallards Drop Rush 3-2 - Quad City Mallards
- NYTEX Sports adds Tier 1 Hockey in New York - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Quad City's David McKee Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - CHL
- Mallards' McKee Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - Quad City Mallards
- Thunder to Find New Place on the Radio Dial - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Make Roster Moves - Kansas City Mavericks
- CHL-TV Introduces 5 and 10 Game Packs - CHL
- Dayton Gems Acquire Zulyniak in Trade with Missouri - Dayton Gems
- Area Family in Need to Receive a Dayton Gems Christmas - Dayton Gems
- Oilers Weekly Update - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.