Bucks Lose in Heartbreaker
LAREDO, TX: The Laredo Bucks, of the Central Hockey League, fell to the Texas Brahmas 4-3.
The Laredo Bucks squared off against the Texas Brahmas on Tuesday night at the Laredo Energy Arena. This was the fourth time the two teams have met this season, and the Bucks went into the game leading the series 2-1.
The Brahmas jumped out to an early 1-0 lead at 6:31 in the first, when Brendon Hodge scored for Texas. The Bucks had a quiet first period, only getting three shots on net. The Brahmas outshot the Bucks 9-3 in the frame.
The Laredo Bucks stormed back during the second period. The Bucks tied the Brahmas at 6:09, when Justin Styffe lit the lamp with assists from Ryan Sparling and A.J. Hau. The Bucks continued to knock on the door of the goal line until Ryan Sparling scored at 14:02. Once again, Justin Styffe and A.J. Hau had a hand on the goal. This gave the Laredo Bucks a 2-1 lead. The Bucks outshot the Brahmas 13-5 in the second.
The Laredo Bucks quickly made the score 3-1 only 48 seconds into the third period. David Inman scored a powerplay goal, with assists by Erik Boisvert and Matt Pierce. However, the Bucks would be stunned the final 3 minutes of play when the Brahmas were able to score 3 unanswered goals to take home the win. The Brahmas scored the game winner with only 53 seconds left in regulation.
The Laredo Bucks will face their rivals the Rio Grande Killer Bees on Friday, December 9th and Saturday, December 10th. Both games begin at 7:30pm at the Laredo Energy Arena. Contact the Laredo Bucks today to get your tickets at 718-BUCK (2825).
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2011
- Rush Fall Just Short Against Mallards by 3-2 Score - Rapid City Rush
- Bucks Lose in Heartbreaker - Laredo Bucks
- Killer Bees Fall to Americans 4-3 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Mallards Drop Rush 3-2 - Quad City Mallards
- NYTEX Sports adds Tier 1 Hockey in New York - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Quad City's David McKee Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - CHL
- Mallards' McKee Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - Quad City Mallards
- Thunder to Find New Place on the Radio Dial - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Make Roster Moves - Kansas City Mavericks
- CHL-TV Introduces 5 and 10 Game Packs - CHL
- Dayton Gems Acquire Zulyniak in Trade with Missouri - Dayton Gems
- Area Family in Need to Receive a Dayton Gems Christmas - Dayton Gems
- Oilers Weekly Update - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.