Killer Bees Fall to Americans 4-3
HIDALGO, Texas- The Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees (10-7-1) fell to the Allen Americans (11-4-3) on Tuesday night with a final score of 4-3. The second period was dominated by the Bees with three goals in the span of one minute and twenty-three seconds. Allen secured the win after making a comeback in the third period with three goals of their own.
The first period was quiet until the Americans scored the first goal of the night late in the period. Colton Yellow Horn had the goal at 14:53 into the period.
The Bees remained scoreless in the first period.
The second period erupted when the Bees scored three in a row in a span of only 1:23. Dan Gendur fired the first Bees goal past Marco Cousineau from the slot at 6:06 into the period. For Gendur it was his fourth goal of the season.
Aaron Boogaard then scored from behind the net 40 seconds afterward with assists from Jake Hauswirth and Reid Edmondson. The goal was the first of the season for Boogaard.
Tomas Klempa increased the Bees lead to three with a shot from the top of the circles while on the power play, at 8:27 into the period. Brandon Campos earned the primary assist after feeding the puck in front.
Allen goaltender, Rejean Beauchemin, took over for Marco Cousineau in the second period after the three Killer Bees goals. The Americans remained scoreless in the second period.
The Americans came back in the third period with their own set of three goals. Allen took the lead halfway into the period with goals from Jim McKenzie, Jason Deitsch, and Bruce Graham.
The Bees were scoreless in the third period, allowing Allen to secure the win by a score of 4-3.
John Murray made 33 saves in the net.
The Killer Bees return to action this tomorrow night, December 7th, hosting the Texas Brahmas. Puck drops at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are available by calling 956-843-7825 or visiting killerbeehockey.com .
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2011
- Rush Fall Just Short Against Mallards by 3-2 Score - Rapid City Rush
- Bucks Lose in Heartbreaker - Laredo Bucks
- Killer Bees Fall to Americans 4-3 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Mallards Drop Rush 3-2 - Quad City Mallards
- NYTEX Sports adds Tier 1 Hockey in New York - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Quad City's David McKee Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - CHL
- Mallards' McKee Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - Quad City Mallards
- Thunder to Find New Place on the Radio Dial - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Make Roster Moves - Kansas City Mavericks
- CHL-TV Introduces 5 and 10 Game Packs - CHL
- Dayton Gems Acquire Zulyniak in Trade with Missouri - Dayton Gems
- Area Family in Need to Receive a Dayton Gems Christmas - Dayton Gems
- Oilers Weekly Update - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.