Rush Fall Just Short Against Mallards by 3-2 Score
(Moline, IL) - The Rapid City Rush traveled to Moline, Illinois for a Turner Conference battle with the Quad City Mallards on Tuesday night. The Mallards used three straight special teams goals to deal the Rush a 3-2 loss, and move Rapid City to 8-9-1 overall. Up next for the Rush is a pair of home games against the Arizona Sundogs on December 9th and 10th. Tickets are available for both games by calling 716-7825 or online at www.gotmine.com.
The contest began with the Rush peppering Mallards goaltender David McKee in the early going, eventually finishing the period with a 13-8 advantage. Powered by the offensive flurry, defenseman Michael Couch was able to blast a shot from the top of the left circle for his third goal of the season.
Contrary to the first, the second period was controlled by the Mallards who picked up a pair of special teams goals and outshot the Rush 12-9. The first came while shorthanded at 6:35 when Brandon Marino buried a slapshot from the right faceoff circle. With less than five minutes remaining in the period, Eric Giosa scored his eighth of the season on a screened wrist shot from the high slot to give the Mallards their first lead of the game.
With a two-man advantage midway through the final period, the Mallards capitalized with a one-timer from the top of the left circle from John Snowden that beat Danny Battochio for the 3-1 lead. Four minutes later the Rush pulled to within one when Les Reaney poked home a rebound from a Carl Hudson shot, but Rapid City fell short by a 3-2 final.
Other Rush News:
Season tickets for the 2011-12 season start at $412 and are available by calling (605) 716-PUCK (7825). Season ticket holders will receive complimentary tickets to both Rush preseason games as well as numerous other exclusive benefits.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2011
- Rush Fall Just Short Against Mallards by 3-2 Score - Rapid City Rush
- Bucks Lose in Heartbreaker - Laredo Bucks
- Killer Bees Fall to Americans 4-3 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Mallards Drop Rush 3-2 - Quad City Mallards
- NYTEX Sports adds Tier 1 Hockey in New York - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Quad City's David McKee Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - CHL
- Mallards' McKee Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - Quad City Mallards
- Thunder to Find New Place on the Radio Dial - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Make Roster Moves - Kansas City Mavericks
- CHL-TV Introduces 5 and 10 Game Packs - CHL
- Dayton Gems Acquire Zulyniak in Trade with Missouri - Dayton Gems
- Area Family in Need to Receive a Dayton Gems Christmas - Dayton Gems
- Oilers Weekly Update - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.