Mavericks Complete Three-Team Trade with Cincinnati and Worcester, Acquire D-Man Florentino
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - The Kansas City Mavericks announced Thursday the club completed a three-team trade with the Cincinnati Cyclones and Worcester Railers that resulted in the acquisition of defenseman Anthony Florentino. The trade was completed as follows:
Receives D Anthony Florentino from Worcester
Receives D Derek Pratt from Kansas City
Receives F Andrew DeBrincat from Kansas City via Cincinnati
Florentino, a six-foot, 207-pound, 25-year-old from West Roxbury, Massachusetts joins KC after appearing in seven games for the Railers last season. Florentino has appeared in 116 ECHL games, compiling 17 points on five goals and 12 assists.
"He's a hard-nosed talented d-man that plays with grit and perseverance," Mavericks Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Tad O'Had said, "Anthony has been on our radar since his college days at Providence. He has a great deal of pro potential and he has the ability for a breakout season ahead. He will bring skill, toughness and leadership to an already strong Mavericks blueline."
Florentino was the Buffalo Sabres fifth round pick (#143 overall) in the 2013 NHL Draft. He opted to attend Providence College instead of turning pro.
Pratt, a six-foot-two, 194-pound defenseman from Mount Herman, Massachusetts, he played in 52 games for the Mavs with one goal and eight assists for nine points for the Mavericks last season. Pratt also accumulated 48 penalty minutes.
The ECHL announced a targeted start date of the 2020-21 regular season of December 4, 2020. Reserve your season tickets now by visiting kcmavericks.com or calling 816-252-7825.
Images from this story
Defenseman Anthony Florentino with the Worcester Railers
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 27, 2020
- Sylvania Native Gordi Myer Joins Hometown Team - Toledo Walleye
- Schildt Accepted into Metro Chamber of Commerce's Leadership Charleston - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gabe Chabot Set to Make Professional Debut with Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Cyclones Acquire Defenseman Derek Pratt - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mavericks Complete Three-Team Trade with Cincinnati and Worcester, Acquire D-Man Florentino - Kansas City Mavericks
- Indy Agrees to Terms with Forward Thomas Ebbing - Indy Fuel
- K-Wings Agree to Terms with Veteran Mathieu Roy - Kalamazoo Wings
- Michael Brodzinski Returns for Third Season with Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Growlers Sign Defenceman Miles Gendron - Newfoundland Growlers
- Veteran Defenseman Mathieu Brodeur Returns to Adirondack - Adirondack Thunder
- Worcester Railers HC Sign Rookie Forwards Brent Beaudoin and Neil Robinson for 2020-21 Season - Worcester Railers HC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Zach Osburn Re-Ups for Second Season with the Mavericks
- Mavericks Sign Former Sabres Draft Pick Giorgio Estephan
- Mavericks Ink Defenseman Willie Corrin
- Rookie Defenseman Noah Delmas Joins Mavericks
- Back-To-Back Usport Goalie of the Year Taran Kozun Joins KC