Cyclones Acquire Defenseman Derek Pratt
Cincinnati, OH - The Cincinnati Cyclones have acquired defenseman DEREK PRATT as part of a three-team trade. Defenseman ANDREW DEBRINCAT heads to the Worcester Railers, while former Cyclones blue liner ANTHONY FLORENTINO lands with the Kansas City Mavericks.
Pratt comes into his third full season of professional hockey after spending the 2019-2020 with the Kansas City Mavericks and the 2018-2019 season with the Maine Mariners. In addition, he also appeared in one AHL game with the Utica Comets during the 18-19 campaign. Pratt also played 5 ECHL games in 2017-2018 with South Carolina and Manchester after completing his college career. Over 52 games last season, the 6'2" defenseman scored one goal and eight assists while accumulating 48 penalty minutes.
"Derek is an asset to our defensive core," said Cyclones Head Coach Matt Thomas. "He plays the game hard and competes the way we expect our players to. We look forward to his addition to our team."
Pratt played four seasons for the Connecticut Huskies where he was the team captain his junior and senior season. His senior year saw him appear in all 36 games where he posted a career-best 12 points. In addition, Pratt blocked 54 shots, generated 36 shots and had 47 penalty minutes. Prior to playing collegiately, the Mount Hermon, Massachusetts native played for Waterloo of the USHL.
Stay tuned all off-season for updates on important events, player signings, promotion and ticketing information and MORE! Call (513) 421-PUCK for tickets and more information, and stay on top of all the latest team updates and information on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram, along with our website, www.cycloneshockey.com!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 27, 2020
- Sylvania Native Gordi Myer Joins Hometown Team - Toledo Walleye
- Schildt Accepted into Metro Chamber of Commerce's Leadership Charleston - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gabe Chabot Set to Make Professional Debut with Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Cyclones Acquire Defenseman Derek Pratt - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mavericks Complete Three-Team Trade with Cincinnati and Worcester, Acquire D-Man Florentino - Kansas City Mavericks
- Indy Agrees to Terms with Forward Thomas Ebbing - Indy Fuel
- K-Wings Agree to Terms with Veteran Mathieu Roy - Kalamazoo Wings
- Michael Brodzinski Returns for Third Season with Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Growlers Sign Defenceman Miles Gendron - Newfoundland Growlers
- Veteran Defenseman Mathieu Brodeur Returns to Adirondack - Adirondack Thunder
- Worcester Railers HC Sign Rookie Forwards Brent Beaudoin and Neil Robinson for 2020-21 Season - Worcester Railers HC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cincinnati Cyclones Stories
- Cyclones Extend Affiliation Agreement with the Buffalo Sabres & Rochester Americans
- Cyclones Sign Taylor Crunk
- Cyclones Season Delayed to January 15 with Announcement of Split-Season Format
- Mason Mitchell Returns to Cyclones for 2020-2021
- Cyclones Sign Defenseman Sean Giles