Indy Agrees to Terms with Forward Thomas Ebbing
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Chicago Blackhawks and the AHL's Rockford IceHogs announced Thursday that they have signed forward Thomas Ebbing to a standard player contract for the 2020-21 season.
Ebbing, 25, signs with the Fuel after splitting the 2019-20 season with the Greenville Swamp Rabbits and Reading Royals. Skating in 49 ECHL games last season, Ebbing tallied 12 goals, 15 assists and a plus-15 rating. The native of Troy, Michigan has skated in 51 AHL games over two seasons with the Laval Rocket, registering two goals, four assists and 17 penalty minutes.
Prior to turning pro, the 5-foot-11, 185-pound forward played four seasons at Michigan State (NCAA). Appearing in 143 NCAA games over four years with the Spartans, Ebbing earned 14 goals and 41 assists. Before attending Michigan State, Ebbing played one season for the Chicago Steel (USHL) where he scored 16 goals and 10 assists, earning a spot in the 2012-13 USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game.
With the signing of Ebbing, the Fuel have six forwards, three defensemen and a goaltender signed for the 2020-21 season. Stay tuned to Indy Fuel social media pages for more player signings throughout the offseason.
Full season and half-season ticket plans are now on sale for the Fuel's 7th season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Lock up your seat for every second of the action at Indiana Farmers Coliseum with a Fuel Ticket Plan - grab yours by heading to IndyFuelHockey.com or by calling the Fuel front office at 317-925-FUEL. Don't forget to follow the Fuel on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (IndyFuel) for news, updates, contests and much more throughout the 2020-21 season.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 27, 2020
- Sylvania Native Gordi Myer Joins Hometown Team - Toledo Walleye
- Schildt Accepted into Metro Chamber of Commerce's Leadership Charleston - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gabe Chabot Set to Make Professional Debut with Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Cyclones Acquire Defenseman Derek Pratt - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mavericks Complete Three-Team Trade with Cincinnati and Worcester, Acquire D-Man Florentino - Kansas City Mavericks
- Indy Agrees to Terms with Forward Thomas Ebbing - Indy Fuel
- K-Wings Agree to Terms with Veteran Mathieu Roy - Kalamazoo Wings
- Michael Brodzinski Returns for Third Season with Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Growlers Sign Defenceman Miles Gendron - Newfoundland Growlers
- Veteran Defenseman Mathieu Brodeur Returns to Adirondack - Adirondack Thunder
- Worcester Railers HC Sign Rookie Forwards Brent Beaudoin and Neil Robinson for 2020-21 Season - Worcester Railers HC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.