Worcester Railers HC Sign Rookie Forwards Brent Beaudoin and Neil Robinson for 2020-21 Season
Worcester, MA - The Worcester Railers Hockey Club (@RailersHC), proud ECHL (@ECHL) affiliate of the New York Islanders (@NYIslanders), and Railers HC General Manager and Head Coach David Cunniff officially announced today that the club has signed rookie forwards Brent Beaudoin (@B_Beaudoin16) and Neil Robinson (@21neilrobinson) to ECHL contracts for the 2020-21 season.
Brent Beaudoin is entering his rookie season after spending the last four seasons at Brown University, accumulating 60 points (24 goals, 36 assists) in 127 career games. The 5-foot-10, 180lb forward finished second in scoring for the Bears during his senior year, notching 14 points (seven goals, seven assists) in 31 games and also served as an assistant captain. The Londonderry, NH native signed an ECHL contract with the Railers this past March. He made his professional debut on Mar. 10, 2019, helping lift the Railers to a 5-4 win over the Adirondack Thunder by scoring a goal and an assist en route to being named the number one star of the game. Prior to his time at Brown University, Beaudoin played for the Islanders Hockey Club in the USPHL Premier and spent five seasons with the New Hampshire Jr. Monarchs. He spent the 2014-15 season with the Monarchs in the Eastern Hockey League (EHL) where he was named an EHL First Team-All Star, finishing third in the league in scoring with 56 points (21-35-56) in 43 games.
Neil Robinson is entering his rookie season after spending the last four seasons at the College of the Holy Cross, tallying 45 points (18 goals, 27 assists) in 93 career games. The 5-foot-11, 184lb forward is coming off his most productive season in college, leading the Crusaders in scoring with 23 points (10 goals, 13 assists) in 36 games. Prior to college hockey, the 24-year-old played two years in the Central Canada Hockey League (CCHL), totaling 101 points (54 goals, 47 assists) in 105 games. During the 2015-16 season while playing for the Brockville Braves, he ranked second in the league with 39 goals. The Pointe-Claire, Quebec native also won back-to-back New England Championships with the Salisbury School in 2013 and 2014.
"Brent was a player that we were able to get into a game last year before the season got cancelled and we were very impressed with his play," Cunniff said. "He's a very smart hockey player that can help in all phases of the game. Neil had a very successful four years at Holy Cross for Coach Berard. He's a guy that can be relied on in any situation as well. Both of these guys play a 200 foot game and should play a big role for us this upcoming season."
The Railers now have thirteen players signed for the 2020-21 season, as Brent Beaudoin and Neil Robinson join Drew Callin, Connor Doherty, Brennan Feasey, Cam Hausinger, Jacob Hayhurst, Joel Kocur, Kenny Hausinger, Myles McGurty, Ross Olsson, Tyler Poulsen and Jordan Smotherman.
All player signings this offseason are brought to you by SERVPRO of Worcester, with more announcements expected over the next few weeks. Clickâ¯ HERE for the most up to date roster.
Become a Railers HC Member today for justâ¯$1 downâ¯ and receive a $25 gift card per membership! Click HEREâ¯ for this exclusive offer or call 508-365-1750.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 27, 2020
- Sylvania Native Gordi Myer Joins Hometown Team - Toledo Walleye
- Schildt Accepted into Metro Chamber of Commerce's Leadership Charleston - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gabe Chabot Set to Make Professional Debut with Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Cyclones Acquire Defenseman Derek Pratt - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Mavericks Complete Three-Team Trade with Cincinnati and Worcester, Acquire D-Man Florentino - Kansas City Mavericks
- Indy Agrees to Terms with Forward Thomas Ebbing - Indy Fuel
- K-Wings Agree to Terms with Veteran Mathieu Roy - Kalamazoo Wings
- Michael Brodzinski Returns for Third Season with Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Growlers Sign Defenceman Miles Gendron - Newfoundland Growlers
- Veteran Defenseman Mathieu Brodeur Returns to Adirondack - Adirondack Thunder
- Worcester Railers HC Sign Rookie Forwards Brent Beaudoin and Neil Robinson for 2020-21 Season - Worcester Railers HC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Worcester Railers HC Stories
- Worcester Railers HC Launches Hockey Feeds the Need Campaign
- Worcester Railers HC to Host Drive-Thru Teddy Bear Toss and Toy Drive to Benefit Friendly House on December 19
- Worcester Railers HC Announce Suspension of Play for the 2020-21 Season
- Worcester Railers HC Sign Forward Eddie Matsushima for the 2020-21 Season
- Fidelity Bank Worcester Ice Center to Host Worcester Sports Retail Sidewalk Sale on October 24