Mavericks Assigned Three Skaters from Bridgeport Sound Tigers
INDEPENDENCE, MO (Oct. 21, 2015) -- The Missouri Mavericks have been assigned three (3) skaters from the Bridgeport Sound Tigers "" the Mavericks American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate. Defenseman Pat Cullity, Loic Leduc, and center Carter Verhaeghe have joined the Mavericks ahead of their 2015-16 ECHL home-opener game this Saturday, Oct. 24 at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena in Independence, MO.
Pat Cullity spent majority of his 2014-15 season with the Idaho Steelheads (ECHL), playing three (3) games with the Springfield Falcons (AHL). The Tewksbury, MA native was originally signed by the Mavericks during the off-season in August, but started his season with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL). Cullity will wear number three (3) for the Mavericks.
Loic Leduc was drafted by the New York Islanders (Round 4, #103 overall) during the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. The 6'6" defenseman hails from Chateauguay, Quebec. He has played one (1) game for the Sound Tigers this season. Leduc will wear number fifty-five (55) for the Mavericks.
Carter Verhaeghe of Waterdown, Ontario was drafted by the Toronto Maple Leafs (Round 3, #82 overall) in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. Verhaeghe has played two (2) games for the Sound Tigers this season. Verhaeghe will wear number nine (9) for the Mavericks.
The Mavericks also announced Wednesday afternoon that defenseman Patch Alber has been traded to the Adirondack Thunder (ECHL).
"Patch has always been one of my favorite guys in the locker room, wears his heart on his sleeve, and when a player like that isn't going to get the playing time he needs, you do whatever is necessary to get him to a team where he can get that time," said Richard Matvichuk, Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations. "Ultimately it came down to Patch asking for a trade. We've got a competitive roster this season, and while it is tough to see him go, we wish him nothing but the best."
The Mavericks will play longtime rival, the Wichita Thunder, in their home-opener on Saturday, Oct. 24 at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena. Single-game tickets, Mini Pack Plans and Group Tickets are on sale now! Visit TicketMaster.com or call the Missouri Mavericks at 816-252-7825 to speak with a ticket representative.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 21, 2015
- Marquardt & Harris Score Twice as Everblades Defeat Admirals 6-1 - Florida Everblades
- Florida Explodes for Six Goals to Down Admirals, 6-1 - Norfolk Admirals
- Stockton Heat Assign Mitchell Heard to Adirondack - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Assigned Josh Brown, Trade Dennis Brown - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Transactions - October 21 - ECHL
- Mavericks Assigned Three Skaters from Bridgeport Sound Tigers - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Cederholm Assigned to Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Sign Forward Matt Hatch - Reading Royals
- McPherson Heads to Rochester - Elmira Jackals
- Americans Resume Road Trip in Colorado - Allen Americans
- Swamp Rabbits' Halloween Game Moves to 3:00 p.m. - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Opening Night Festivities Set - Adirondack Thunder
- Cyclones Add Size on Defense - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Monarchs Take Season Opener, Prepare for Two-Game Weekend Series - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Today - October 21 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Erase Two-Goal, Third Period Deficit in Shootout Win
- Game Day Report: Mavericks Look to Bounce Back at Wichita
- Mavs' Win Streak Snapped at Seven
- Game Day Report: Mavericks, Thunder Continue Three-Game Set Friday
- Mavericks, Thunder Announce Salvation Army Kettle Challenge