Cyclones Add Size on Defense
CINCINNATI, OH- The Cincinnati Cyclones (1-0-0-0) have signed free agent defenseman Dax Lauwers for the 2015-2016 season. Lauwers made his professional hockey debut with the Colorado Eagles last season.
A native of Anchorage, AK, Lauwers appeared in nine games for the Eagles at the end of last season upon graduation from Northeastern University. He didn't register a point in Colorado, however he did account for 16 penalty minutes and an even on-ice rating.
The 6'2", 210-pound rearguard skated in 106 games during his three-year career at Northeastern, accounting for a pair of goals and nine assists. Lauwers also spent a season at the U.S. Military Academy (Army), where he totaled a goal and two assists in 33 games played.
The 2015-2016 season is underway! Your Cyclones are on the march towards another Kelly Cup Championship, and want you along for the ride! Be sure to check out one of our 2015-16 Ticket Packages, available NOW! Call 513.421.PUCK to reserve your seats. Fans can also get the latest team updates on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), Instagram, and our website, www.cycloneshockey.com!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 21, 2015
- Marquardt & Harris Score Twice as Everblades Defeat Admirals 6-1 - Florida Everblades
- Florida Explodes for Six Goals to Down Admirals, 6-1 - Norfolk Admirals
- Stockton Heat Assign Mitchell Heard to Adirondack - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Assigned Josh Brown, Trade Dennis Brown - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Transactions - October 21 - ECHL
- Mavericks Assigned Three Skaters from Bridgeport Sound Tigers - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Cederholm Assigned to Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Sign Forward Matt Hatch - Reading Royals
- McPherson Heads to Rochester - Elmira Jackals
- Americans Resume Road Trip in Colorado - Allen Americans
- Swamp Rabbits' Halloween Game Moves to 3:00 p.m. - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Opening Night Festivities Set - Adirondack Thunder
- Cyclones Add Size on Defense - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Monarchs Take Season Opener, Prepare for Two-Game Weekend Series - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Today - October 21 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.