Mavericks Assigned Defenseman JP Testwuide
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - The Missouri Mavericks' American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate Chicago Wolves have assigned defenseman J.P. Testwuide to the Mavericks. Testwuide will be in the lineup for the Mavericks Tuesday night when they take on the Texas Brahmas in Texas. The Mavericks have also activated forward Ed McGrane from the injured reserve (IR) list, and placed forward Brandon Coccimiglio on the 10-day injured reserve. Defenseman Cole Ruwe is day-to-day, but he has not been placed on the IR.
Testwuide, 27 (11/5/84), has played the last two seasons in the AHL with the Houston Aeros and Adirandack Phantoms. The third-year pro has yet to play in a game for the Wolves this season. In 108 regular season games, the Vail, Colorado native has 13 points (3-1013) and 171 penalty minutes. The 6-foot, 203-pound defenseman has also played in 13 playoff games with Houston where he accounted for a goal and an assist as the Aeros made it to the conference finals in 2009.
Prior to turning pro, Testwuide spent four years at the University of Denver, where he recorded 23 assists, 28 points and 282 penalty minutes in 144 games from 2005 to 2009.
"We could not be happier to get J.P. assigned to us at this time," said Mavericks' Head Coach Scott Hillman. "He is a great leader and a very physical and hard working player with solid AHL experience. We believe our young defensemen will learn a lot from J.P. in a short amount of time."
In other roster movement, the Mavericks' activated forward Ed McGrane from the 10-day IR and placed forward Brandon Coccimiglio on the 10-day IR. Defenseman Cole Ruwe is day-to-day but has not been placed on the IR.
"We are very happy with our affiliation to be able to get a quality defenseman after the first couple weeks of the season where we had a couple guys banged up," said Mavericks' President and General Manager Brent Thiessen. "It is extremely beneficial to have the relationship we have with Chicago and certainly the addition of Testwuide is going to help us out a lot."
The Mavericks head to Fort Worth, Texas to play the Texas Brahmas on Tuesday evening and return home next weekend to play the Tulsa Oilers on Friday and the Wichita Thunder on Saturday. Missouri plays home games at the state-of-the-art Independence Events Center where parking is always free. Tickets for all regular season games are on sale now via Ticketmaster. Call (816) 252-7825 for more information or visit www.MissouriMavericks.com .
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 7, 2011
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- Shots from the Point for November 7, 2011 - CHL
- Tulsa Oilers Weekly - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavericks Assigned Defenseman JP Testwuide - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Evansville's Todd Robinson Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Bloomington Blaze Weekly - Bloomington Blaze
- Tulsa's Michel Beausoleil Suspended Two Games - CHL
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Dayton Gems Weekly Update - Dayton Gems
- Arizona Sundogs Weekly Update - Arizona Sundogs
- Komets Hit the Road for Three this Week - Fort Wayne Komets
- Bees Weekly: Bees on Three Game Win Streak, Welcome Allen & Arizona - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.