Mavericks Add Tyler Kindle And Braden Walls
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - Missouri Mavericks' Head Coach Scott Hillman announced today the Central Hockey League (CHL) club has signed forward Braden Walls and defenseman Tyler Kindle. Hillman also announced forward Karl Sellan has been placed on the 30-day injured reserve.
Walls, 24 (6/5/85), is in his rookie season and played six games for the Texas Brahmas. He had one assist and four penalty minutes with Texas before being released. Prior to turning pro, the Calgary, Alberta native played four seasons at the University of Alaska-Fairbanks where he majored in business. The 6-foot-2, 205-pound forward scored a total of 26 goals in college and had a team-leading 10 goals during his senior year. Walls also spent three seasons in the Alberta Junior Hockey League (AJHL) with Calgary and Drayton Valley where he scored in double digits in goals each season.
Kindle, 31 (2/20/78), is a veteran defenseman and fills the fourth and final veteran spot on the Mavericks' roster after the departure of Tyler Fleck. The Portage, Michigan native has spent the majority of his career in the ECHL playing 301 of 349 games in the ECHL. The 6-foot-0, 200-pound defenseman has 191 points on 57 goals and 134 assists in his career. He had a career year with the Fresno Falcons in 2007-08 with 44 points and 34 assists and led the club's defensemen in all scoring categories. He started this season overseas with the Newcastle Vipers of the EIHL and played in 32 games.
"We are pleased with the signing of an exciting young rookie and an established veteran on our blue line," said Mavericks' Head Coach Scott Hillman. "Kindle will help bring experience to our young defensemen and Walls will bring energy and physicality in the absence of Karl Sellan."
Both players are scheduled to play in the Mavericks game tonight against the Arizona Sundogs at Independence Events Center at 7:05 p.m. Walls will wear #7 and Kindle will wear #19.
Sellan was placed on the 30-day injured reserve after suffering an injury in the Mavericks' game on December 31, 2009 against the Colorado Eagles.
The Mavericks will host the Arizona Sundogs for a pair of games this weekend on January 8 and 9. Friday, January 8 is "Halfway to Independence Day" in which the Mavericks will wear specialty jerseys that will be auctioned off after the game. For tickets call (866) 443-8849 or visit www.MissouriMavericks.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 8, 2010
- Rush Top Mudbugs with Thrilling, 4-3, Overtime Victory - Rapid City Rush
- Eagles Come From Behind but Lose in SO - Colorado Eagles
- Rush Win OT Thriller in Rapid - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bucks Clip Eagles In Shootout 6-5 - Laredo Bucks
- Mavs Downed by Sundogs, 4-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- RiverKings Hold on for 3-2 Win Over Odessa - Odessa Jackalopes
- Campbell, RiverKings Edge Odessa - Mississippi RiverKings
- Americans drop second Vintage Series game 3-0 to Texas - Allen Americans
- Landry Helps Extend 'Dogs Season-Long Win Streak to Three Games - Arizona Sundogs
- Thunder Downed by Oilers - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Add Tyler Kindle And Braden Walls - Kansas City Mavericks
- Elliott Comes Out Of Retirement To Rejoin Bucks - Laredo Bucks
- RiverKings Assist In The Community - Mississippi RiverKings
- RiverKings Tackle Jackalopes Tonight - Mississippi RiverKings
- Amarillo's David Nimmo Wins December's Oakley Three Star Award - CHL
- Nimmo Named "Oakley Three Star Player of the Month" - Amarillo Gorillas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.