Nimmo Named "Oakley Three Star Player of the Month"
Amarillo, TX 1/8/10 - (Courtesy Bob Hoffman) The Central Hockey League announced today that David Nimmo of the Amarillo Gorillas has won the Oakley Three Stars Award for the month of December, totaling 20 point during the month. For winning the award, Nimmo will receive an Oakley Detonator watch.
Nimmo earned recognition as one of the stars of the game in six of the 12 games he played including being named number one star twice. The Saint Albert, Alberta native led his team in points (14), goals (9), plus/minus (+6) and power play goals (3). Nimmo had three multiple-goal games for the Gorillas who continue to compete for a playoff spot currently sitting in the sixth spot just two points out of a playoff position. On the season, the 2008 CHL Rookie of the Year has 14 goals, 11 assists and a +13 plus/minus rating.
Players earn five points for a number one star, three points for a second star nod and one point for being named third star.
Nimmo has also been nominated as the CHL's "Performance of the Week" on centralhockeyleague.com for his two third period goals New Year's Day versus Odessa (4-3 win). Fans are encouraged to visit centralhockeyleague.com and vote for Amarillo. The poll is located on the league's home page.
It's a new year and the Gorillas are now offering $10 tickets for the remainder of the 2010 season! The next home game is this Saturday, January 9th beginning at 7pm in the Amarillo Civic Center. The first 250 fans will receive a cowbell courtesy of Chick-Fil-A. Call (806) 242-PUCK (7825) for show tickets.
The AMARILLO GORILLAS are offering multiple promotional deals during the month of January. Log on to amarillogorillas.com or call our office at (806) 242-PUCK (7825) for more information.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 8, 2010
- Rush Top Mudbugs with Thrilling, 4-3, Overtime Victory - Rapid City Rush
- Eagles Come From Behind but Lose in SO - Colorado Eagles
- Rush Win OT Thriller in Rapid - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bucks Clip Eagles In Shootout 6-5 - Laredo Bucks
- Mavs Downed by Sundogs, 4-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- RiverKings Hold on for 3-2 Win Over Odessa - Odessa Jackalopes
- Campbell, RiverKings Edge Odessa - Mississippi RiverKings
- Americans drop second Vintage Series game 3-0 to Texas - Allen Americans
- Landry Helps Extend 'Dogs Season-Long Win Streak to Three Games - Arizona Sundogs
- Thunder Downed by Oilers - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Add Tyler Kindle And Braden Walls - Kansas City Mavericks
- Elliott Comes Out Of Retirement To Rejoin Bucks - Laredo Bucks
- RiverKings Assist In The Community - Mississippi RiverKings
- RiverKings Tackle Jackalopes Tonight - Mississippi RiverKings
- Amarillo's David Nimmo Wins December's Oakley Three Star Award - CHL
- Nimmo Named "Oakley Three Star Player of the Month" - Amarillo Gorillas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.