Matt Hearn Records 27th Stolen Base But Yard Goats Fall
Hartford, CT - The Sea Dogs used a four-run second inning to jump on the Yard Goats early, and defeat Hartford by the score of 7-2 on Friday evening at Dunkin' Donuts Park in Hartford. Pedro Castallanos and Devlin Granberg homered, Cameron Cannon cracked a two-RBI double, and Josh Winckowski hurled six solid innings for his eighth win, as Portland won for the third time in four games in Hartford this week. Outfielder Matt Hearn had two hits, and recorded his 27th stolen base which ranks the third most in single season Yard Goats history.
The Sea Dogs scored the first run of the game in the first inning as Ronaldo Rodriguez singled home Pedro Castellano, giving Portland a 1-0 lead. Yard Goats starter Michael Baird yielded only one run, and worked out of a first and third jam with just one out. However, he would not be as lucky in the second inning.
Portland added four runs in the second inning to take a 5-0 lead. Kole Cottam led off with a single and Jeisson Rosario walked. Cameron Cannon followed with a two run double, scoring Cottam and Rosario to give the Sea Dogs a 3-0 lead. Next, Pedro Castellanos belted a two-run homer over the left field fence, making it 5-0 Portland. The Sea Dogs scored another run on an error in the third inning to make it 6-0.
The Yard Goats scored their first run in the third inning off Sea Dogs starter Josh Winckowski. Danny Edgeworth led off the inning with a walk and Jose Gomes and Jameson Hannah helped load the bases with singles. Sean Bouchard followed with an RBI sacrifice fly, scoring Edgeworth to make it 6-1.
The Yard Goats continue their final homestand of the season on Saturday night (6:05 PM) against the Red Sox affiliate, the Portland Sea Dogs. Tickets are available by visiting the website, yardgoatsbaseball.com. The game will be broadcast on AM 1410 WPOP and FM 100.9 FM and newsradio1410.iheart.com and the video stream available on MiLB.TV.
Portland 7, Hartford 2
WP-Josh Winckowski (8-3)
LP- Michael Baird (1-3)
• Discuss this story on the Double-A Northeast League message board...
Double-A Northeast League Stories from September 17, 2021
- Ponies Fall to Fightins on Friday Night - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Castellanos, Granberg Homer in 7-2 Victory over Hartford - Portland Sea Dogs
- Matt Hearn Records 27th Stolen Base But Yard Goats Fall - Hartford Yard Goats
- Rom Dominates To Move Baysox Within Win Of Championship Series Berth - Bowie Baysox
- Wesneski's Gem Puts Patriots One Win Shy of Playoff Berth - Somerset Patriots
- Ducks Drop to Third Place with 2-0 Loss to Somerset - Akron RubberDucks
- Pitching and Defense Powers R-Phils to Victory - Reading Fightin Phils
- Fisher Cats Shut out Senators, 4-0 - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Squirrels Drop Third Straight against SeaWolves - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Olson Near-Perfect to Guide SeaWolves Win - Erie SeaWolves
- Cleveland Indian Shane Bieber to Rehab Sunday at Canal Park - Akron RubberDucks
- Beer Festival Set for FirstEnergy Stadium on October 23 - Reading Fightin Phils
- September 17, 2021 Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- SeaWolves Announce Charitable Donation from Wonders Night at UPMC Park - Erie SeaWolves
- Game Information - Erie SeaWolves vs. Richmond Flying Squirrels - Erie SeaWolves
- Stott Named Phillies MiLB Player of the Year - Reading Fightin Phils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.