Castellanos, Granberg Homer in 7-2 Victory over Hartford
Hartford, Connecticut - The Portland Sea Dogs beat the Hartford Yard Goats, 7-2 on Friday night at Dunkin' Donuts Park. Pedro Castellanos and Devlin Granberg each hit home runs in the victory while Josh Winckowski spun a gem in his 20th start of the year.
Josh Winckowski earned his eighth win of the year tossing 6.0 innings allowing one run on three hits while walking one and striking out four. Michael Baird was given the loss pitching 1.1 innings allowing five runs on seven hits while walking two and striking out two.
Ronaldo Hernandez recorded his third-straight multi-hit game for Portland. He is six-for-fifteen with nine RBI, two home runs and a triple in his last three games. Kole Cottam finished the night three-for-four with two runs scored.
Pedro Castellanos scored on an RBI single by Ronaldo Hernandez and the Sea Dogs led 1-0 after the first inning.
In the top of the second inning, Cameron Cannon roped a two-run double to the left field corner extending Portland's lead 3-0. Pedro Castellanos then blasted his 13th homer of the year and the Sea Dogs led, 5-0.
The Sea Dogs struck again in the top of the third inning. After Kole Cottam reached on a leadoff single, he scored on a sacrifice fly by Castellanos extending Portland's lead, 6-0.
The Yard Goats plated their first run in the bottom of the third inning. After a leadoff walk by Danny Edgeworth, he advanced to third on a single by Jose Gomez. He scored on a sacrifice fly by Sean Bouchard and Hartford trailed, 6-1.
Devlin Granberg blasted a leadoff home run to the second-deck of right field and Portland continued to lead, 7-1. He has 9 home runs this season for the Sea Dogs.
The final run of the game for Hartford was scored in the bottom of the eighth inning. Matt Hearn scored on an RBI groundout by Jameson Hannah.
Portland and Hartford will meet again tomorrow, September 18 at 6:05pm at Dunkin' Donuts Park. The Sea Dogs will send LHP Jay Groome (2-0, 0.00 ERA) to the mound and RHP David Hill (2-4, 4.98 ERA) will start for the Yard Goats.
• Discuss this story on the Double-A Northeast League message board...
Double-A Northeast League Stories from September 17, 2021
- Ponies Fall to Fightins on Friday Night - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Castellanos, Granberg Homer in 7-2 Victory over Hartford - Portland Sea Dogs
- Matt Hearn Records 27th Stolen Base But Yard Goats Fall - Hartford Yard Goats
- Rom Dominates To Move Baysox Within Win Of Championship Series Berth - Bowie Baysox
- Wesneski's Gem Puts Patriots One Win Shy of Playoff Berth - Somerset Patriots
- Ducks Drop to Third Place with 2-0 Loss to Somerset - Akron RubberDucks
- Pitching and Defense Powers R-Phils to Victory - Reading Fightin Phils
- Fisher Cats Shut out Senators, 4-0 - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Squirrels Drop Third Straight against SeaWolves - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Olson Near-Perfect to Guide SeaWolves Win - Erie SeaWolves
- Cleveland Indian Shane Bieber to Rehab Sunday at Canal Park - Akron RubberDucks
- Beer Festival Set for FirstEnergy Stadium on October 23 - Reading Fightin Phils
- September 17, 2021 Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- SeaWolves Announce Charitable Donation from Wonders Night at UPMC Park - Erie SeaWolves
- Game Information - Erie SeaWolves vs. Richmond Flying Squirrels - Erie SeaWolves
- Stott Named Phillies MiLB Player of the Year - Reading Fightin Phils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.