Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. CF Montreal
ATLANTA -Atlanta United returns to action Saturday when it hosts CF Montreal at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. The match, presented by Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, is set to kick-off at 7:30 p.m. ET and will be broadcast on MLS Season Passwhile fans can also tune-in to radio calls on 92.9 The Game and La Mejor.
MLS Season Pass features every match of the regular season and Audi MLS Cup Playoffs with consistent match times and no blackouts. The service also features MLS Countdown, the live pre-game show before every match, live halftime reports, MLS 360 -- a fast-moving whip-around show that will provide live look-ins and analysis from all the key moments from every match, and MLS Wrap-up, the live post-game show. All matches feature commentary in English or Spanish, while matches involving Canadian teams will also have French commentary. Fans in the U.S. and Canada also have the option to select their home team's radio for broadcast audio on the Apple TV app where available.
Atlanta holds a 6-3-3 all-time record against CF Montreal in MLS regular season play: 4-1-0 at home and 2-3-2 on the road. Atlanta is unbeaten against Montreal in five all-time meetings at home and won the first meeting 1-0 this season in Montreal on July 8.
Thiago Almada and Brooks Lennon continue to climb the club's all-time assist chart in MLS play. Almada (27 assists) and Lennon (26) rank third and fourth respectively, trailing only Julian Gressel (35) and Miguel Almirón (28). Almada set the club's single-season assist record with his 15th of the year against Inter Miami CF.
Saba Lobjanidze scored Atlanta's lone goal in its 1-1 draw at D.C. United on Wednesday, his fifth goal contribution (three goals, two assists) in his first five career MLS matches.
Atlanta United Homegrowns have recorded 17 goal contributions this season (11 goals, six assists). Tyler Wolff tallied his first assist of the season against D.C. and leads the Homegrowns with five goals.
Giorgos Giakoumakis is now tied for second in the MLS Golden Boot race with 14 goals with four matches remaining.
Montreal heads into the match in eighth place in the Eastern Conference with 37 points, coming off a 1-1 draw at home against FC Cincinnati on Wednesday.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 22, 2023
- Rapids at Portland Timbers FC: Preview - Colorado Rapids
- MATCH Preview: Nashville SC Finishes Western Conference Two-Match Road Week at San Jose Earthquakes - Nashville SC
- Compass Minerals to Support Sporting KC's Kick Childhood Cancer Match - Sporting Kansas City
- MATCH Preview: Revolution Visit Chicago Fire FC on Saturday Night - New England Revolution
- LAFC Travels to Face Philadelphia Union Saturday, September 23 at Subaru Park - Los Angeles FC
- Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs Clinching and Elimination Scenarios - Matchday 34 (September 23-24) - MLS
- Minnesota United FC vs. St. Louis City SC Preview - Minnesota United FC
- New York Battle D.C. United in Second Leg of Atlantic Cup on Saturday Night - New York Red Bulls
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Inter Miami CF to Visit Rival Orlando City SC on Sunday - Inter Miami CF
- CF Montréal on the Road Saturday against Atlanta - Club de Foot Montreal
- Campeones Cup Community Project Creates Access for Future Soccer Champions Through Pitch Renovations in Underserved Communities in the United States and Mexico - Los Angeles FC
- Campeones Cup Community Project Creates Access for Future Soccer Champions Through Pitch Renovations in Underserved Communities in the United States and Mexico - MLS
- GENashville SC Hits the Road Again to Take on the San Jose Earthquakes - Nashville SC
- FC Cincinnati Host Charlotte FC as Chase for Silverware Continues - FC Cincinnati
- Álvaro Barreal's Sensational Goal vs Pittsburgh Riverhounds Nominated for FIFA Puskás Award - FC Cincinnati
- Rapids Visit Providence Park for Contest with Portland Timbers - Colorado Rapids
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. CF Montreal - Atlanta United FC
- Nashville SC to Host Official Hispanic Heritage Night and Celebrate Local Communities Through October 15 - Nashville SC
- Sporting KC Hosts Houston on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Expected Goals: Upcoming Milestones for Matchday 34 - MLS
- New York Red Bulls Forward Dante Vanzeir Suffers Lumbar Spine Injury - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake Welcomes Vancouver Saturday - Real Salt Lake
- Match Preview: Charlotte FC at FC Cincinnati - Charlotte FC
- Keys to the Match: Go Again - New York City FC
- FC Cincinnati Sign Captain Luciano Acosta to Long-Term Contract Extension - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Atlanta United Re-Signs Efraín Morales
- Thiago Almada, Giorgos Giakoumakis Named to 2023 MLS Best XI Presented by Continental Tire
- Atlanta United Announces Year-End Roster Moves
- Four Atlanta United Players Receive National Team Call-Ups for November FIFA Window
- Atlanta United's Playoff Run Comes to an End, Falls 4-2 to Columbus Crew