MATCH Preview: Nashville SC Finishes Western Conference Two-Match Road Week at San Jose Earthquakes
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Nashville SC (12W-7L-9D, 43 pts) will continue its two-match Western Conference road trip Saturday, Sept. 23 with a clash against the San Jose Earthquakes at 9:30 p.m. CT. Nashville SC opened the road trip taking three points from Sporting Kansas City in a 3-0 victory on Wednesday night with goals from Fafá Picault, Hany Mukhtar and Jack Maher.
Mukhtar's goal against SKC saw him reach yet another career milestone as he resides with elite MLS company. His 15th goal of the season brought him back sole possession of the top spot in the 2023 MLS Golden Boot Race and made him only the eighth player in MLS history to score 15 goals in three consecutive MLS regular seasons.
Mukhtar has maintained a consistent scoring form over the last three seasons with 86 (54 goals, 32 assists) since the start of the 2021 MLS regular season. Mukhtar currently sits just two goal contributions shy from tying Robbie Keane (2013-15) and Josef Martinez (2017-19) for the second-most goal contributions (assists and goals combined) in a three-year stretch. Mukhtar also sits only six contributions away from reaching the 100-mark milestone in his MLS career as he has 58 goals and 36 assists across all competitions.
Nashville SC and Mukhtar will look to continue their attacking form as they take on the Earthquakes. The two sides have met twice before in competition, with each clash ending in a draw. Nashville SC's last trip to PayPal Park ended in a 2-2 draw with Mukhtar registering a brace.
Nashville SC currently sits at seventh in the Eastern Conference with 43 points. The Boys in Gold are keeping their eyes on the prize as they look to pick up three more points in this Western Conference road trip as Nashville is looking to clinch a post-season berth within the next six matches.
- Television: MLS Season Pass on Apple TV
- Radio: 104.5 The Zone
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 22, 2023
- Rapids at Portland Timbers FC: Preview - Colorado Rapids
- MATCH Preview: Nashville SC Finishes Western Conference Two-Match Road Week at San Jose Earthquakes - Nashville SC
- Compass Minerals to Support Sporting KC's Kick Childhood Cancer Match - Sporting Kansas City
- MATCH Preview: Revolution Visit Chicago Fire FC on Saturday Night - New England Revolution
- LAFC Travels to Face Philadelphia Union Saturday, September 23 at Subaru Park - Los Angeles FC
- Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs Clinching and Elimination Scenarios - Matchday 34 (September 23-24) - MLS
- Minnesota United FC vs. St. Louis City SC Preview - Minnesota United FC
- New York Battle D.C. United in Second Leg of Atlantic Cup on Saturday Night - New York Red Bulls
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Inter Miami CF to Visit Rival Orlando City SC on Sunday - Inter Miami CF
- CF Montréal on the Road Saturday against Atlanta - Club de Foot Montreal
- Campeones Cup Community Project Creates Access for Future Soccer Champions Through Pitch Renovations in Underserved Communities in the United States and Mexico - Los Angeles FC
- Campeones Cup Community Project Creates Access for Future Soccer Champions Through Pitch Renovations in Underserved Communities in the United States and Mexico - MLS
- GENashville SC Hits the Road Again to Take on the San Jose Earthquakes - Nashville SC
- FC Cincinnati Host Charlotte FC as Chase for Silverware Continues - FC Cincinnati
- Álvaro Barreal's Sensational Goal vs Pittsburgh Riverhounds Nominated for FIFA Puskás Award - FC Cincinnati
- Rapids Visit Providence Park for Contest with Portland Timbers - Colorado Rapids
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. CF Montreal - Atlanta United FC
- Nashville SC to Host Official Hispanic Heritage Night and Celebrate Local Communities Through October 15 - Nashville SC
- Sporting KC Hosts Houston on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Expected Goals: Upcoming Milestones for Matchday 34 - MLS
- New York Red Bulls Forward Dante Vanzeir Suffers Lumbar Spine Injury - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake Welcomes Vancouver Saturday - Real Salt Lake
- Match Preview: Charlotte FC at FC Cincinnati - Charlotte FC
- Keys to the Match: Go Again - New York City FC
- FC Cincinnati Sign Captain Luciano Acosta to Long-Term Contract Extension - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Nashville Soccer Club Announces 2024 Roster Decisions
- Nashville Soccer Club's Hany Mukhtar and Walker Zimmerman Named to the 2023 MLS Best XI Presented by Continental Tire
- Nashville SC Wraps up Fourth Consecutive Playoff Run in 1-0 Loss to Orlando City SC
- Nashville SC Hosting First-Ever Playoff Match at GEODIS Park in Must-Win Game 2
- Global Rock Superstars Green Day to Headline Concert at GEODIS Park on August 30, 2024