Nashville SC to Host Official Hispanic Heritage Night and Celebrate Local Communities Through October 15
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Nashville Soccer Club announced today its upcoming celebrations for Hispanic Heritage Month throughout September and October. These initiatives aim to honor and uplift the Hispanic and Latino communities in Middle Tennessee, promote cultural diversity, and support local Hispanic and Latino-focused organizations.
"Today, we are proud to celebrate the start of Hispanic Heritage Month and the resilience, culture, and extraordinary achievements of Middle Tennessee's diverse Hispanic community," said Nashville SC Head of Community Engagement Brandon Hill. "Nashville could not thrive without the many professional, civic, and cultural contributions of our Hispanic and Latino neighbors. We are excited to bring our fans and supporters together to recognize these contributions and the critical role they play in the success of our city."
As part of the celebrations, Nashville SC will host its Hispanic Heritage Night on Saturday, Sept. 30, at GEODIS Park when the Boys in Gold host the Seattle Sounders FC at 7:30 p.m. CT. Tickets for the match can be purchased at www.NashvilleSC.com/Tickets.
Hispanic Heritage Night Plaza Party and Opening Act: In the lead-up to Nashville SC's match against the Seattle Sounders on Sept. 30, and located in the North Plaza of GEODIS Park, Nashville SC will host the Hispanic Heritage Night Plaza Party featuring pop-up performances by Hobo Cane and various Hispanic vendors, community partners, artists, and allies.
Music and Entertainment: GEODIS Park will feature a variety of performances by Hispanic artists and musicians including Hobo Cane (Opening Act), Valerie Ponzio (National Anthem), Giovanni Rodriguez and 12 Manos (GEODIS WeHo Club), Julián García as our DJ for the night and Alexis Zúñiga (Guitar Riff). Zúñiga will riff on the official Delgado Guitar created by Manuel Delgado from remnants of GEODIS Park materials pulled during construction of the stadium.
Section 615: Nashville SC's special Section 615 will once again host guests from Conexión Américas, an organization founded in 2002 to address the pressing challenges and opportunities created by demographic changes in Middle Tennessee as an increasing number of Latino families moved to the state.
GEODIS Community Flag Bearers: Guests from the TLACC will serve as honorary flag bearers for the Nashville SC Community Flag ceremony.
Hero of the Match: Nashville SC will recognize Jessie Garcia Knowles, Executive Director of the Tennessee Latin American Chamber of Commerce.
Hyundai Military Salute: Nashville SC will recognize Captain Javier Barzaga of Fort Campbell's 101st Airborne Division for his service to the nation with distinction, most recently serving a nine-month deployment to Romania following Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
Throughout Hispanic Heritage Month from Sept. 15 to Oct. 15, and during Hispanic Heritage Night on Sept. 30, Nashville SC will participate in the following activations:
Hispanic Heritage Month Patch 2023: Nashville SC will release a special edition of the Hispanic Heritage Month patch designed by local artist Valentina Harper that fans and supporters may purchase now through Oct. 16 at the official NSC Team Store or online at www.NashvilleSCMobileShop.com. All proceeds from the patch sales will benefit the Tennessee Latin American Chamber of Commerce (TLACC), and a purchase of the patch will come with discount offers to several local Hispanic businesses. For a full list of discount offers, visit www.NashvilleSC.com/Community.
Young Latino Writers Essay Contest: For the sixth consecutive season, dating back to the USL Championship, Nashville SC is partnering with Conexión Américas in inviting Middle Tennessee high school students to participate in the Young Latino Writers Essay Contest. Local high school students Daniela Martínez Becerra, Perla Hernandez, Rick Tzompa-Chimal, and grand prize winner, Maya García were celebrated at the Hispanic Heritage Awards last Friday, Sept. 15.
IMPACT Soccer Day at Celebrate Nashville: Nashville SC and BODYARMOR will bring its IMPACT Soccer program to the Celebrate Nashville Cultural Festival, the city's annual event dedicated to celebrating the cultural diversity and communities of the Greater Nashville population on Saturday, Oct. 7. The IMPACT program gives children in underserved communities access to soccer and will provide a day of soccer activities, skill drills and giveaways at the site.
For regular updates on Nashville SC and its continued community engagement, visit www.NashvilleSC.com/community or follow the club's official social media channels on TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, Facebookand YouTube.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 22, 2023
- Rapids at Portland Timbers FC: Preview - Colorado Rapids
- MATCH Preview: Nashville SC Finishes Western Conference Two-Match Road Week at San Jose Earthquakes - Nashville SC
- Compass Minerals to Support Sporting KC's Kick Childhood Cancer Match - Sporting Kansas City
- MATCH Preview: Revolution Visit Chicago Fire FC on Saturday Night - New England Revolution
- LAFC Travels to Face Philadelphia Union Saturday, September 23 at Subaru Park - Los Angeles FC
- Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs Clinching and Elimination Scenarios - Matchday 34 (September 23-24) - MLS
- Minnesota United FC vs. St. Louis City SC Preview - Minnesota United FC
- New York Battle D.C. United in Second Leg of Atlantic Cup on Saturday Night - New York Red Bulls
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Inter Miami CF to Visit Rival Orlando City SC on Sunday - Inter Miami CF
- CF Montréal on the Road Saturday against Atlanta - Club de Foot Montreal
- Campeones Cup Community Project Creates Access for Future Soccer Champions Through Pitch Renovations in Underserved Communities in the United States and Mexico - Los Angeles FC
- Campeones Cup Community Project Creates Access for Future Soccer Champions Through Pitch Renovations in Underserved Communities in the United States and Mexico - MLS
- GENashville SC Hits the Road Again to Take on the San Jose Earthquakes - Nashville SC
- FC Cincinnati Host Charlotte FC as Chase for Silverware Continues - FC Cincinnati
- Álvaro Barreal's Sensational Goal vs Pittsburgh Riverhounds Nominated for FIFA Puskás Award - FC Cincinnati
- Rapids Visit Providence Park for Contest with Portland Timbers - Colorado Rapids
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. CF Montreal - Atlanta United FC
- Nashville SC to Host Official Hispanic Heritage Night and Celebrate Local Communities Through October 15 - Nashville SC
- Sporting KC Hosts Houston on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Expected Goals: Upcoming Milestones for Matchday 34 - MLS
- New York Red Bulls Forward Dante Vanzeir Suffers Lumbar Spine Injury - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake Welcomes Vancouver Saturday - Real Salt Lake
- Match Preview: Charlotte FC at FC Cincinnati - Charlotte FC
- Keys to the Match: Go Again - New York City FC
- FC Cincinnati Sign Captain Luciano Acosta to Long-Term Contract Extension - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Nashville Soccer Club Announces 2024 Roster Decisions
- Nashville Soccer Club's Hany Mukhtar and Walker Zimmerman Named to the 2023 MLS Best XI Presented by Continental Tire
- Nashville SC Wraps up Fourth Consecutive Playoff Run in 1-0 Loss to Orlando City SC
- Nashville SC Hosting First-Ever Playoff Match at GEODIS Park in Must-Win Game 2
- Global Rock Superstars Green Day to Headline Concert at GEODIS Park on August 30, 2024