Marlies Visit Moose in Cross-Conference Clash
After almost a week off, the Marlies return to action tonight for their first of back-to-back games against the Manitoba Moose.
Toronto had a strong start to the 2019-20 season, topping the Belleville Senators 4-1 in their season opener last Saturday. Egor Korshkov notched the opening goal for the Marlies, while Jeremy Bracco had three helpers in the game which earned him first star honours. Kasimir Kaskisuo made 31 saves in his season debut, including a saved penalty shot. The Marlies were 2-for-5 on the power play and 4-for-4 on the penalty kill.
The Moose dropped their season opener last week, falling 2-1 to the San Antonio Rampage. They followed that up with a 5-3 win over the Texas Stars the next day to bring their record to 1-1 heading into tonight's home opener.
The Marlies beat the Moose in three of their four meetings last season and have a 19-4-1-0 record against the Moose over the past five seasons.
Puck drops at 8:00 PM ET on AHLTV. Fans can also follow along on Twitter for live game updates.
Head to Head (2019-20 Regular Season)
1-0-0-0 Overall Record 1-1-0-0
0-0-0-0 Head To Head (2019-20) 0-0-0-0
Win 1 Streak Win 1
4 Goals For 6
1 Goals Against 5
40% Power Play Percentage 0%
100% Penalty Kill Percentage 88.9%
- Leading Goal Scorer -
J. Bracco (3) Leading Points Scorer L. Shaw (3)
Kaskisuo (1) Wins Leader M. Berdin (1)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 11, 2019
- Stars Drop Shootout Decision to Wild - Texas Stars
- Grosenick the Difference in Milwaukee's Win over Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Stay Perfect with Shutout over Wolves - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Young Talent Shines in 4-1 Victory over Penguins - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Blanked in San Antonio - Chicago Wolves
- Sound Tigers Topple Checkers on the Road - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Cormier, Devils Take Down Senators, 2-1 - Binghamton Devils
- Amerks Open Road Trip with 2-1 Win in Springfield - Rochester Americans
- Checkers Raise Cup Banner, Drop Home Opener - Charlotte Checkers
- Sens Drop Home-Opener to Devils - Belleville Senators
- Penguins Fall to Phantoms, 4-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Monsters Comeback Falls Short in 2-1 Loss to Crunch - Cleveland Monsters
- Grosenick Backstops Admirals to Win in Grand Rapids - Milwaukee Admirals
- Driedger's Spectacular Effort Not Enough for T-Birds against Rochester - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Crunch Top Monsters, 2-1, for First Win of the Season - Syracuse Crunch
- Coyotes Recall Lyubushkin; Assign Capobianco to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- New Jersey Devils Recall Defenseman Matt Tennyson - Binghamton Devils
- $5 Kids Tickets, Pet-Item Drive Set for Monday Matinee vs. Laval - Rockford IceHogs
- Marlies Visit Moose in Cross-Conference Clash - Toronto Marlies
- Chicago Wolves Add Schuldt - Chicago Wolves
- Blue Jackets Recall Forward Markus Hannikainen from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- STARS Dallas Stars Reassign Right Wing Denis Gurianov - Texas Stars
- Syracuse Crunch and Dunkin' Continue Goals for Charity Program - Syracuse Crunch
- The Rocket Lead the Fight against Cancer - Laval Rocket
- Jets Reassign Sami Niku to Manitoba - Manitoba Moose
- Moose Assign Beaudoin and Cederholm - Manitoba Moose
- Rochester Americans Game Preview - October 11 at Springfield Thunderbirds - Rochester Americans
- Sound Tigers Play Checkers this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- 'Hocktoberfest' Returns to Blue Cross Arena October 18 - Rochester Americans
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Devils, October 11 - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toronto Marlies Stories
- Toronto Marlies Re-Sign Hudson Elynuik
- Toronto Marlies Statement on Cancellation of 2019-20 AHL Season
- MLSE Community Food Donation Program Expands to Include BMO Field and BMO as Partners Team up to Help 'Bring Toronto Back to Its Feet'
- MLSE Teams up with Partners to Announce Bringing Toronto Back to Its Feet
- Toronto Marlies Re-Sign Scott Pooley