Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Devils, October 11
The Belleville Senators are back home for the first time in 2019-20 as they host the Binghamton Devils at CAA on Opening Night presented by CAA Insurance.
The Senators (0-1-0-0) are coming off of a 4-1 loss on opening night against Toronto. Special teams will be an area of focus for the Sens after they went 0-for-4 on the man advantage while giving up two power play goals last Saturday.
Binghamton (0-1-0-0) fell 4-3 to Utica on opening night as they had a disastrous second period giving up four goals.
One game into the season and there's already been numerous changes to the Sens' roster. Drake Batherson and Filip Chlapik were reassigned to Belleville earlier in the week while Vitaly Abramov was recalled. Furthermore, defenceman Nick Ebert was traded to New York on Monday.
The Sens will be without defenceman Hubert Labrie as he will miss tonight's game, as well as Saturday's, due to suspension after an elbowing incident against Toronto.
That means Jack Dougherty and Jonathan Aspirot will draw into the line-up as the Sens have just six d-men available. Aspirot would be making his professional debut when he hits the ice.
Marcus Hogberg is expected to start between the pipes for the Sens.
The Senators are 7-6-0-1- all-time against Binghamton and hold a 5-2 record all-time at CAA Arena over their North Division rivals.
These two teams met in Belleville's home-opener last season with the Sens prevailing 5-2.
Who to watch
Batherson, who made Ottawa's team out of training camp and played in their first two games, is back with Belleville for the time-being after being reassigned Sunday. Batherson shattered not just rookie, but team scoring records, in 2018-19 where he had 62 points (22 goals) in 59 games.
Nathan Bastian got a taste of the NHL last season scoring three times in seven appearances with New Jersey and in his team's lone game this season, the Kitchener native had a goal and an assist.
Where to watch
Friday's game starts at 7pm and can be seen LIVE on AHLTV. Follow the Belleville Sens on twitter for live updates.
The radio broadcast on CJBQ 800 begins at 6:50pm with Jack Miller on the call and David Foot on colour. Ticket's for tonight's game are available here.
Details on the Sens' Opening Night presented by CAA Insurance can be found here. The festivities begin at 4pm with Fan Fest that includes player arrivals, face-painting, live music and much more. All paying fans will also receive a FREE #fortheB t-shirt inside CAA Arena too.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 11, 2019
- Stars Drop Shootout Decision to Wild - Texas Stars
- Grosenick the Difference in Milwaukee's Win over Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Stay Perfect with Shutout over Wolves - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Young Talent Shines in 4-1 Victory over Penguins - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolves Blanked in San Antonio - Chicago Wolves
- Sound Tigers Topple Checkers on the Road - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Cormier, Devils Take Down Senators, 2-1 - Binghamton Devils
- Amerks Open Road Trip with 2-1 Win in Springfield - Rochester Americans
- Checkers Raise Cup Banner, Drop Home Opener - Charlotte Checkers
- Sens Drop Home-Opener to Devils - Belleville Senators
- Penguins Fall to Phantoms, 4-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Monsters Comeback Falls Short in 2-1 Loss to Crunch - Cleveland Monsters
- Grosenick Backstops Admirals to Win in Grand Rapids - Milwaukee Admirals
- Driedger's Spectacular Effort Not Enough for T-Birds against Rochester - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Crunch Top Monsters, 2-1, for First Win of the Season - Syracuse Crunch
- Coyotes Recall Lyubushkin; Assign Capobianco to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- New Jersey Devils Recall Defenseman Matt Tennyson - Binghamton Devils
- $5 Kids Tickets, Pet-Item Drive Set for Monday Matinee vs. Laval - Rockford IceHogs
- Marlies Visit Moose in Cross-Conference Clash - Toronto Marlies
- Chicago Wolves Add Schuldt - Chicago Wolves
- Blue Jackets Recall Forward Markus Hannikainen from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- STARS Dallas Stars Reassign Right Wing Denis Gurianov - Texas Stars
- Syracuse Crunch and Dunkin' Continue Goals for Charity Program - Syracuse Crunch
- The Rocket Lead the Fight against Cancer - Laval Rocket
- Jets Reassign Sami Niku to Manitoba - Manitoba Moose
- Moose Assign Beaudoin and Cederholm - Manitoba Moose
- Rochester Americans Game Preview - October 11 at Springfield Thunderbirds - Rochester Americans
- Sound Tigers Play Checkers this Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- 'Hocktoberfest' Returns to Blue Cross Arena October 18 - Rochester Americans
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Devils, October 11 - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Belleville Senators Stories
- Ottawa Senators Busy at 2020 NHL Draft
- Senators Release Community Impact Report
- Belleville Senators Forward Josh Norris Voted Winner of Dudley (Red) Garrett Award as AHL's Outstanding Rookie
- BSens Announce 2019-20 Team Awards
- Norris and Batherson Named to 2019-20 AHL First and Second All-Star Teams