LumberKings Drop Fifth Straight
GRAND CHUTE, WI - A lack of success for the Clinton LumberKings at Neuroscience Group Field continued with a 4-3 loss to the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers on Saturday night. The loss runs Clinton's (33-38) longest losing streak of the year to five games and also marks their fifth straight loss to the Timer Rattlers (33-38) in Wisconsin.
Clinton came out of the gates, as they had done a night before, with a two-run rally in the top of the first. Connor Scott opened the game with a double high off the wall in left center field and scored on a Will Banfield fielder's choice. The scoring was eventually was capped with an Evan Edwards RBI single.
The two-run rally was answered immediately by Wisconsin in the bottom of the first. David Fry homered in his second straight game with a solo blast to left that went for his 10th of the season.
An inning later, the Timber Rattlers tied the score without the benefit of a hit. A wild inning of pitching from George Soriano led to a run as two walks, a balk, a wild pitch, fielder's choice, and hit batter combined to tie the score at two.
Clinton took their final lead of the night in the top of the fifth following singles from Connor Scott and Thomas Jones. With runners at first and third, Jones was picked off from first but remained in a run down long enough for Scott to score form third for a brief 3-2 LumberKings lead.
The Timber Rattlers tied the score in the bottom of the inning with on an RBI triple from Yeisson Coca.
The game remained tied until Wisconsin scored in the bottom of the eighth when they loaded the bases against LumberKings reliever Elkin Alcala (0-2). Brent Diaz then lifted a sacrifice fly to center that broke the tie and gave Wisconsin the lead for the first time in the game.
Fresis Adames earned the win for Wisconsin with three shutout innings of work. Adames (2-0) worked a 1-2-3 top of the ninth to preserve the win.
The LumberKings will meet the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers for the third game of their four-game series on Saturday night. Clinton will throw righty Jake Walters (2-2, 3.97) while Wisconsin will tap righty Scotty Sunitsch (4-7, 4.34). First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. Fans looking to listen to the game can hear Erik Oas with the pregame show on 6:50 p.m. with the pregame show on 100.3 FM WCCI or online at lumberkings.com via the tunein radio app.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from June 21, 2019
- Liberatore K's Seven Cubs in 1-0 Loss on Friday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- LumberKings Drop Fifth Straight - Clinton LumberKings
- DeMers, Conley combine for gem against Quad Cities - Beloit Snappers
- Late Run Pushes Rattlers Past Clinton - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Remy, Patterson, and Roberts Combine to Whitewash Hot Rods 1-0 - South Bend Cubs
- 'Caps Swept, No-Hit by Captains - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Chiefs Fall to Cedar Rapids in Extra Innings - Peoria Chiefs
- Early Lead Doesn't Hold as Bandits Fall 4-2 in Beloit - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Kernels Bounce Back for 11-Inning Win - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Nuts Shutout Dragons, 4-0 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Loons bounce back to even series with TinCaps with 6-3 win - Great Lakes Loons
- Lansing Pitching Trio Shuts out Dragons on Four Hits, 4-0 - Dayton Dragons
- Ruiz Reaches Four Times, But 'Caps Fall to Loons - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bees Game Postponed - Burlington Bees
- TinCaps Game Notes: June 21 at Great Lakes (Game 70) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Daniel Ozoria and Petru Balan join Kernels - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons on TV Saturday & Sunday on Dayton's CW - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Notes for Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.