Louisville City Heading North to Face Ottawa
Louisville City is hoping to keep the positive vibes rolling after dispatching Nashville SC last weekend. The Boys in Purple head north to Ottawa for a Sunday afternoon showdown with the Fury in a key Eastern Conference points race battle.
Ottawa (7-3-7, 28 points) is currently seventh in the East, one spot below Louisville City. Louisville City gained three points from a win over Nashville, moving up to 6th in the East with 29 points (8-5-5).
The Fury are a force to be reckoned with. Since losing to LouCity on April 20 (1-0), Ottawa has only lost once and has wins over Atlanta United 2, North Carolina, Bethlehem Steel, Charlotte Independence and Charleston Battery.
"They have been on a really good run since we have played them," Louisville City FC coach John Hackworth said. "We are expecting a really competitive game. It is on a much bigger field and I think they'll play tactically a little different because it is at their home. We just have to be prepared for that, and then try to build on what we did in the previous game and really the previous weeks because we felt like we played some really good soccer against Indy, particularly in the second half."
Louisville City is hoping to get a better start vs. Ottawa than it has in several recent matches. LouCity has given up an early goal in the last three matches. Hackworth said he hopes to correct that trend, but he also likes how his team responded to adversity.
"I think our reaction, in a game where we again went down a goal, was very good," Hackworth said. "I just felt like we responded well and really from the 55th minute on, I felt like we were going to win it, not just tie the game, but win it, and that's what we did. We got the goal off the set piece and then we kept that momentum going. Our second goal was thing of beauty."
Louisville City travels to Canada on Saturday, will train in Ottawa Saturday night before taking on the Fury Sunday afternoon. Ottawa is coming off a 3-2 Wednesday night win over the Wanderers in the Canadian Championship Tournament.
Kickoff is at 2:06 p.m. The game will be televised on WBKI locally and streamed online through ESPN+. The local radio broadcast is on 840 WHAS with Kevin Kernen and Jeff Greer.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from July 12, 2019
- New Mexico United Selects First Player for High Performance Program - New Mexico United
- Riverhounds SC Inducts Inaugural Hall of Fame Class - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Nashville SC Training Report: Boys in Gold Go Back to Work After Second-Straight Loss - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: Legion FC V. North Carolina FC - Saturday, July 13 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Match Preview: Toros Host Hot Rising FC on Saturday Night - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- San Antonio FC Hosts Cardiff City FC at Toyota Field - San Antonio FC
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs New York Red Bulls II - Atlanta United 2
- Hartford Athletic Signs Alex Davey - Hartford Athletic
- Preview: Welcome to Dillon - Hartford Athletic
- Phoenix Rising FC Returns from Break to Travel to Rio Grande Valley - Phoenix Rising FC
- Loudoun United FC Announce Assistant Coaching Staff for the Remainder of the 2019 Season - Loudoun United
- Memphis 901 FC Heads to Charleston Tomorrow Night - Memphis 901 FC
- North Carolina FC Readies for Road Test at Birmingham Legion FC - North Carolina FC
- RSL's Pablo Ruiz, Real Monarchs SLC's Andrew Brody and Josh Heard Join FC Pinzgau Saalfelden on Loan - Real Monarchs SLC
- Louisville City Heading North to Face Ottawa - Louisville City FC
- Nashville SC to Host Soccer at SandBar on Thursday, July 18 - Nashville SC
- Hartford Athletic and City of Hartford Announce Dillon Stadium Grand Re-Opening - Hartford Athletic
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Louisville City FC Stories
- Loucity Youth Academy and Sportsrecruits Finalize Multi-Year Partnership
- New Team Store Located at Lynn Family Stadium Opening Thursday, May 21
- Louisville City FC and 95.7 QMF Team up for Tribute Music-To-Lights Show
- LouCity FC and 95.7 QMF Create Music-To-Lights Show
- Louisville City FC Returns to Training