Loudoun United FC Announce Assistant Coaching Staff for the Remainder of the 2019 Season
Loudoun United FC have announced the hiring of former D.C. United forward Luciano Emílio, Jason Boxx and Jack Stefanowski as the assistant coaching staff for the remainder of the 2019 season.
"Adding a former League MVP and club legend, a former international manager and an up and coming academy coach, will help continue to strengthen our relationship and make us one of the best in the league," Ryan Martin, Loudoun United Head Coach, said. "We are excited to continue to push the group forward towards the playoffs and help the players develop. It is another exciting time in Loudoun United's short history."
Luciano Emílio joins Loudoun United after owning and operating a Brazilian Soccer Academy, Lesa FC, which is an affiliate of D.C. United that helps develop the skills of young soccer players. He started his professional career at the age of 16, playing for XV de Piraciacaba, a member of the state league of São Paulo. Emílio signed with D.C. United on January 6, 2007, following appearances for Real España in the Honduran league and Mexican second division side Querétaro in 2006.
Emílio debuted with United in the 2007 CONCACAF Champions' Cup against Olimpia, scoring four times in three games. In his first season he scored 20 goals paving the way for him to receive the MLS Golden Boot and earn the 2007 MLS MVP award. He played for United until 2010 when he left to join Rio Branco, only to return to United on April 20, 2010 on a short term contract.
Jack Stefanowski joined Loudoun United in February and serves as an assistant coach and head goalkeeping coach. Stefanowski started his coaching career at St. Peter's College after graduating from New York University with a BaS in Physical Therapy. The 44-year-old is certified by the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) and holds a United States Soccer Federation (USSF) A License.
In addition, Stefanowski was the assistant and goalkeeper coach for Puerto Rico FC (2016-2017), head coach for Bayamon FC in 2009, head coach for Sevilla FC Puerto Rico in 2008 and assistant and goalkeeper coach for Puerto Rico Islanders FC from 2008-2012. Stefanowski helped lead the Islanders to winning four championship titles and experienced four consecutive years in the CONCACAF Champions League group stages. He currently serves as the Head of Goalkeeping for D.C. United Academy and Loudoun United FC after holding an assistant coaching position at Puerto Rico FC.
Jason Boxx has been the Residential Program coordinator and the U-12 head coach since August of 2017. He joined D.C. United in June of 2016 where he worked as the U-16 and U-18 assistant coach. Jason graduated in 2016 from the State University of New York at Cortland with a Bachelors in Sports Management as well as currently holding his USSF B license. Jason is originally from London, England and moved to the U.S. when he started college.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from July 12, 2019
- New Mexico United Selects First Player for High Performance Program - New Mexico United
- Riverhounds SC Inducts Inaugural Hall of Fame Class - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Nashville SC Training Report: Boys in Gold Go Back to Work After Second-Straight Loss - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: Legion FC V. North Carolina FC - Saturday, July 13 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Match Preview: Toros Host Hot Rising FC on Saturday Night - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- San Antonio FC Hosts Cardiff City FC at Toyota Field - San Antonio FC
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs New York Red Bulls II - Atlanta United 2
- Hartford Athletic Signs Alex Davey - Hartford Athletic
- Preview: Welcome to Dillon - Hartford Athletic
- Phoenix Rising FC Returns from Break to Travel to Rio Grande Valley - Phoenix Rising FC
- Loudoun United FC Announce Assistant Coaching Staff for the Remainder of the 2019 Season - Loudoun United FC
- Memphis 901 FC Heads to Charleston Tomorrow Night - Memphis 901 FC
- North Carolina FC Readies for Road Test at Birmingham Legion FC - North Carolina FC
- RSL's Pablo Ruiz, Real Monarchs SLC's Andrew Brody and Josh Heard Join FC Pinzgau Saalfelden on Loan - Real Monarchs SLC
- Louisville City Heading North to Face Ottawa - Louisville City FC
- Nashville SC to Host Soccer at SandBar on Thursday, July 18 - Nashville SC
- Hartford Athletic and City of Hartford Announce Dillon Stadium Grand Re-Opening - Hartford Athletic
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.