RSL's Pablo Ruiz, Real Monarchs SLC's Andrew Brody and Josh Heard Join FC Pinzgau Saalfelden on Loan
HERRIMAN, Utah - Real Salt Lake have loaned MF Pablo Ruiz to FC Pinzgau Saafelden of the Austrian third division for a 6-month loan running through December 2019, the club confirmed today. Additionally, Real Monarchs SLC have loaned DF Andrew Brody and MF Josh Heard to FC Pinzgau Saafelden for a 12-month loan running through July 2020.
"As an organization it is imperative that we continue to build relationships with clubs around the world," RSL General Manager Craig Waibel said. "Pinzgau Saalfelden have made several significant moves over the past 6 months including the hiring of Christian Ziege as their head coach. This, among other commitments made through new investors encouraged us to create a relationship whereby our clubs can mutually benefit. Pablo, Josh, and Andrew will now have a chance to further develop as players while getting new exposure for themselves and Real Salt Lake in Europe. We believe that they will perform at a very high level for FC Pinzgau Saalfelden and look forward to working closely with the club to further not only our players careers, but also further the growth and promotion of the club within the ranks of the Austrian leagues."
Arriving at RSL prior to the 2018 season, Ruiz has made 13 total appearances for RSL including five starts. In 2019, Ruiz has featured on six occasions for the Monarchs while making three starts to total 286 minutes played.
In 2019, Brody has started and played in 15 matches for the Monarchs, totaling 1,339 minutes at right back. Brody departs the Monarchs for the time as the club's all-time leader in appearances with 91 since he signed in 2016. A product of the RSL Academy, Brody made the move to right back at the beginning of the 2018 season and had cemented himself as a consistent presence on the backline.
Signing prior to the 2018 season, Heard arrived at the club from Bethlehem Steel FC in the USL Championship and has since made 38 total appearances for the Monarchs while scoring three goals and registering seven assists. The speedy winger began his professional career in 2016 after a successful college career at the University of Washington.
FC Pinzgau Saalfelden has recently opened preseason training camp, with nearly 20+ players invited by Ziege and his staff to compete for spots on Saalfelden's 18-man opening day roster for the 27 July opener at SV Wals-Gru?nau. FC Pinzgau finished the 2018/19 season in 14th place in the Austrian third division's West grouping. The FCPS 2019/20 home opener at Saalfelden Arena Bu?rgerau occurs one week later, as the Club hosts St. Johann on Saturday, 3 August - just one day after an international exhibition in Saalfelden featuring Spanish power Villarreal against German side Schalke 04.
Transaction: Real Salt Lake loan midfielder Pablo Ruiz to FC Pinzgau Saafelden of the Austrian third division for a 6-month loan. Real Monarchs SLC loan defender Andrew Brody and midfielder Josh Heard to FC Pinzgau Saafelden for a 12-month loan running through July 2020.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from July 12, 2019
- New Mexico United Selects First Player for High Performance Program - New Mexico United
- Riverhounds SC Inducts Inaugural Hall of Fame Class - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Nashville SC Training Report: Boys in Gold Go Back to Work After Second-Straight Loss - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: Legion FC V. North Carolina FC - Saturday, July 13 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Match Preview: Toros Host Hot Rising FC on Saturday Night - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- San Antonio FC Hosts Cardiff City FC at Toyota Field - San Antonio FC
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs New York Red Bulls II - Atlanta United 2
- Hartford Athletic Signs Alex Davey - Hartford Athletic
- Preview: Welcome to Dillon - Hartford Athletic
- Phoenix Rising FC Returns from Break to Travel to Rio Grande Valley - Phoenix Rising FC
- Loudoun United FC Announce Assistant Coaching Staff for the Remainder of the 2019 Season - Loudoun United FC
- Memphis 901 FC Heads to Charleston Tomorrow Night - Memphis 901 FC
- North Carolina FC Readies for Road Test at Birmingham Legion FC - North Carolina FC
- RSL's Pablo Ruiz, Real Monarchs SLC's Andrew Brody and Josh Heard Join FC Pinzgau Saalfelden on Loan - Real Monarchs SLC
- Louisville City Heading North to Face Ottawa - Louisville City FC
- Nashville SC to Host Soccer at SandBar on Thursday, July 18 - Nashville SC
- Hartford Athletic and City of Hartford Announce Dillon Stadium Grand Re-Opening - Hartford Athletic
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Real Monarchs SLC Stories
- Real Monarchs Announce Full Schedule for 2020 USL Championship Season
- Real Monarchs to Open Rio Tinto Stadium on July 11 for First Match with Fans in Attendance
- Real Salt Lake, Utah Royals FC and Real Monarchs Players Announce Support for Salt Lake City School District Cultural Competency Program
- Real Monarchs Fall 1-0 at San Antonio FC
- Real Monarchs Opens Title Defense Saturday at San Antonio FC