Hartford Athletic and City of Hartford Announce Dillon Stadium Grand Re-Opening
HARTFORD, Conn. - The City of Hartford's Dillon Stadium will re-open its doors on Saturday, July 13th as Hartford Athletic takes the field for the first match in their new home at 5pm against Indy Eleven. The multi-year effort to revitalize Dillon Stadium has been stewarded through a coordinated effort between the City of Hartford, State of Connecticut, CRDA, the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving, Hartford Sports Group, and countless community groups and stakeholders.
"We are so excited to re-open the doors to historic Dillon Stadium," said Hartford Athletic Chairman & CEO Bruce Mandell. "So many people have worked tirelessly over several years to revitalize this important community asset. We cannot wait for our fans to walk through the doors on Saturday afternoon and see the stadium return as a hub of cultural activity for our community. Finally, we can say, professional soccer is officially back in Hartford."
"We are proud to bring this historic stadium back to life as the home of Hartford Athletic - and just as important, as a community asset for residents and local organizations to enjoy," said Mayor Luke Bronin. "Revitalizing Dillon Stadium after many years has taken a large group of stakeholders working closely together, including city and state officials, local leaders, CRDA, the Hartford Foundation, Hartford Sports Group, and more. We're grateful to all of them and many others for their hard work."
The Stone Pages band will kick off the events with a pre-party at 7:30pm on Friday July 12th at Arch St. Tavern in Hartford. On Saturday July 13th, the activities continue with parking lots opening at 2pm followed by the Official Pregame Party presented by Thomas Hooker Brewery featuring music, food, and drinks in "Rally Alley" on Huyshope Avenue across from Weehasset Street. Before the match begins, there will be a ribbon cutting ceremony at 3:30pm with city officials at the main gate of Dillon Stadium. Pregame on-field ceremonies will take place at 4:45pm recognizing those who have been part of the effort to bring the stadium back to life.
Tickets for the match can be purchased online at www.hartfordathletic.com/tickets starting at just $16.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from July 12, 2019
- New Mexico United Selects First Player for High Performance Program - New Mexico United
- Riverhounds SC Inducts Inaugural Hall of Fame Class - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Nashville SC Training Report: Boys in Gold Go Back to Work After Second-Straight Loss - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: Legion FC V. North Carolina FC - Saturday, July 13 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Match Preview: Toros Host Hot Rising FC on Saturday Night - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- San Antonio FC Hosts Cardiff City FC at Toyota Field - San Antonio FC
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs New York Red Bulls II - Atlanta United 2
- Hartford Athletic Signs Alex Davey - Hartford Athletic
- Preview: Welcome to Dillon - Hartford Athletic
- Phoenix Rising FC Returns from Break to Travel to Rio Grande Valley - Phoenix Rising FC
- Loudoun United FC Announce Assistant Coaching Staff for the Remainder of the 2019 Season - Loudoun United
- Memphis 901 FC Heads to Charleston Tomorrow Night - Memphis 901 FC
- North Carolina FC Readies for Road Test at Birmingham Legion FC - North Carolina FC
- RSL's Pablo Ruiz, Real Monarchs SLC's Andrew Brody and Josh Heard Join FC Pinzgau Saalfelden on Loan - Real Monarchs SLC
- Louisville City Heading North to Face Ottawa - Louisville City FC
- Nashville SC to Host Soccer at SandBar on Thursday, July 18 - Nashville SC
- Hartford Athletic and City of Hartford Announce Dillon Stadium Grand Re-Opening - Hartford Athletic
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hartford Athletic Stories
- Letter from Chairman Bruce Mandell to the Fans
- Hartford Athletic Launches CAS-CIAC Team of the Week Presented by the Hartford
- Hartford Athletic and CAS-CIAC Launch High School Team of the Week Presented by the Hartford
- USL eCup: FIFA20 Edition - Bracket, Schedule, and More
- Hartford Athletic Teams up with United Way to Support COVID-19 Relief Efforts