Louisville Bats, Louisville Slugger Field up for Best Triple-A Ballpark (Ballpark Digest)
LOUISVILLE, Ky. - The Louisville Bats' home ballpark, Louisville Slugger Field, advanced to the second round in "Best of the Ballparks 2018: Triple-A" by getting 76 percent of the vote in the first round, defeating the Pawtucket Red Sox' McCoy Stadium.
Louisville Slugger Field is currently matched up against the Omaha Storm Chasers' Werner Park in the Pacific Coast League. With the field narrowed from 30 to 16, we enter the next round of the 2018 Best of the Ballparks fan vote for Triple-A facilities, encompassing the ballparks of the International League and the Pacific Coast League.
Louisville Slugger Field won the tournament in 2016, edging out the Indianapolis Indians' Victory Field for the "Best Ballpark in Triple-A Baseball" crown.
Here is a breakdown of when voting ends for each round:
First Round: Completed
Second Round: Now - June 23, 2 p.m. Central
Elite Eight: June 23, 2 p.m. Central - June 27, 2 p.m. Central
Final Four: June 27, 2 p.m. Central - July 1, 2 p.m. Central
Finals: July 1, 2 p.m. Central - July 6, 4 p.m. Central
You can vote here: https://ballparkdigest.com/2018/06/19/best-of-the-ballparks-2018-triple-a-second-round/.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 20, 2018
- Mud Hens Edge Stripers 5-3 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Early Offense Pushes Hens Past Stripers - Toledo Mud Hens
- Pigs Fall 5-3 on Pinch-Hit Walk-Off - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Josh Smith Saves Win for Josh Smith - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Herd Falls to PawSox, 10-2 - Buffalo Bisons
- Kramer Blasts Tribe Past Tides - Indianapolis Indians
- Bats Even Series in Weather Shortened Game with 9-6 Win - Louisville Bats
- Bisons 'Carnival Day' on July 8 to Include Special Guests from the PAW Patrol - Buffalo Bisons
- Mejia, Wings Blank Chiefs 2-0 - Rochester Red Wings
- Valdez Strong, But Chiefs Fall to Red Wings, 2-0 - Syracuse Mets
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- New Safety Measures Announced for PNC Field - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Pawtucket (6:15 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (37-31) vs. Norfolk Tides (36-31) - Indianapolis Indians
- Louisville Bats Notes: June 20 - Louisville Bats
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- Clippers' Offense Struggles in Loss - Columbus Clippers
- Louisville Bats, Louisville Slugger Field up for Best Triple-A Ballpark (Ballpark Digest) - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Louisville Bats Stories
- 2018 Offseason Update: Reds Prospects and Former Bats
- Louisville Bats Shortstop Blake Trahan Wins 2018 Rawlings Gold Glove Award
- Louisville Bats 2018 Final Game Notes
- Louisville Bats Nominated for Golden Bobblehead Awards
- Louisville Bats Nominated for First-Ever "Best Digital Campaign or Activation" Award