Loudoun United Acquire Defenders Shane Wiedt and Robby Dambrot
Loudoun United have acquired defenders Shane Wiedt and Robby Dambrot. The pair played together at the University of Akron and the University of Pittsburgh.
"These are two more exciting signings for us ahead of moving to Segra Field for our stadium opener today," Ryan Martin, Loudoun United Head Coach, said. "Both players played big matches in the acc for one of the top coaches in the country, Jay Vidovich, so i know the habits and quality we are getting from his players and because of this we will provide great defensive cover as we hit an important stretch in the season. We need to pick up points in our new home and we're looking forward to adding the pair to our roster."
Wiedt is from Akron, Ohio and started his collegiate career at the University of Akron. In three seasons with the Zips, he made 32 total appearances and was a key part of a defense that posted 11 shutouts his sophomore year.
Wiedt spent his final collegiate season playing for the University of Pittsburgh, where he made 17 appearances (16 starts). He was a part of a defensive unit that recorded five shutouts in 2018 and went on to win Pittsburgh's first ACC Tournament match in program history.
Before college, Wiedt played for Everest Soccer Club before joining the Cleveland Internationals of the US Soccer Development Academy.
Dambrot is also from Akron, Ohio and also had two stints playing at the University of Akron and University of Pittsburgh. At Akron, Dambrot scored one goal and recorded two assists in 47 appearances over three seasons. He was also a part of the same defense with Wiedt that posted 11 shutouts in a season.
Dambrot spent his last two seasons playing for the University of Pittsburgh, making 21 total appearances (19 starts). Along with Wiedt, he played a major defensive role in their historic 2018 season.
Before college, Dambrot played for Internationals SC in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy.
Player: Shane Wiedt
Birthplace: Akron, Ohio
Birthdate: July 19, 1995
Player: Robby Dambrot
Birthplace: Akron, Ohio
Birthdate: October 19, 1994
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from August 9, 2019
- Tacoma Defiance Earns 2-1 Win in Front of Home Crowd at Cheney Stadium - Tacoma Defiance
- Loudoun United Draw 3-3 against Charlotte in Segra Field Opener - Loudoun United
- Independence Draw Loudoun in Six Goal Shootout - Charlotte Independence
- 1868 FC Set to Host San Antonio FC - Reno 1868 FC
- Orange County SC Returns to League Play against Tacoma Defiance - Orange County SC
- Three Things to Know: Nashville SC vs. Bethlehem Steel FC - Nashville SC
- Memphis 901 FC Hosts North Carolina FC Tomorrow Night at AutoZone Park - Memphis 901 FC
- Match Preview: Legion FC at Tampa Bay Rowdies - Birmingham Legion FC
- North Carolina Hits the Road for Match at Memphis 901 FC on Saturday - North Carolina FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Set to Host Tulsa Roughnecks FC on Saturday - Real Monarchs SLC
- Match Preview: Bethlehem Steel FC Travels for Match against Nashville Sc - Bethlehem Steel FC
- Tough Test Awaits as NYRB2 Come to Town - Hartford Athletic
- Energy FC Takes on Third Place Fresno FC Tomorrow Night at Taft Stadium - OKC Energy FC
- Independence Sign Former Mexican U-23 Midfielder - Charlotte Independence
- San Antonio FC Faces Tough Road Test Away to Reno 1868 FC - San Antonio FC
- Match Preview: Toros Look to Elevate Past Colorado Springs FC - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Louisville City Welcomes Atlanta United 2 Sunday - Louisville City FC
- Loudoun United Acquire Defenders Shane Wiedt and Robby Dambrot - Loudoun United
- Preview: Nashville SC Wraps up Busy Week with Clash against Bethlehem Steel FC - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Loudoun United Stories
- Loudoun United Defeat the New York Red Bulls II 7-3 at Segra Field
- Loudoun United Defeat the Charleston Battery 2-1 on the Road
- Loudoun United Defeat Saint Louis FC 4-3
- Loudoun United Defeat the Tampa Bay Rowdies 2-0
- Loudoun United Fall to the Pittsburgh Riverhounds 1-2