LouCity to Launch Line of Collectible Commemorative Tickets
Louisville City FC, the USL Championship's most successful club since launching in 2015, has partnered with CollecTix on a new way to celebrate the team's timeless moments - and honor those ahead in the future.
A series of commemorative tickets will launch next month with the limited-edition collectibles both physical tickets and interactive digital recaps storing highlights and other key game information. They can also be bought and sold similar to increasingly popular non-fungible token (NFT) trading cards.
Available first - at noon on Oct. 1 by visiting LouCity.com/CollecTix - will be Lynn Family Stadium's Grand Opening game, a victory for the boys in purple back on June 12 in front of the venue's initial 100% capacity crowd. Events such as LouCity's 2017 and 2018 USL title wins will follow along with other memorable games.
"We are excited to partner with CollecTix to create a unique opportunity for our fans to own some of our most memorable Louisville City FC moments digitally," said Mitch Ried, the club's senior vice president of sales and marketing. "The ticketing industry has gone digital, and the physical ticket many of us have collected in scrapbooks is now gone. Through CollecTix we feel we will keep the nostalgia of collecting tickets alive in a digital space."
Carrying more value in the initial wave of commemorative digital tickets are a select few "gold and "platinum" editions. The club will reward those who discover these Rare Perk digital tickets with unique or signed team gear and early access to purchase the NFT versions.
Over the last year, NFTs have established themselves as yet another way for fans to engage with their favorite sports. The NBA's Top Shot platform is an industry leader, while MLB has announced plans to build a similar marketplace and the English Premier League is reportedly exploring its options within the sector.
"We sought out to create the most engaging, fun fan experience when it comes to collecting game tickets," said Raid Ron Warner, founder of CollecTix. "Our data shows that fans still seek those physical nostalgic event tickets they can hang onto. Along with the physical ticket, we wanted to also incorporate this new world of digital collectibles, which is why we created the CollecTix ticket series. With the energy and vision from LouCity, we can't wait to see where they go with the CollecTix platform."
LouCity will be the first team in the USL Championship to offer the digital collectibles.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 15, 2021
- Battery, Atlanta Share Points in 1-1 Draw - Charleston Battery
- Obregón Jr. Pushes Hartford to 2-0 Victory over Real Monarchs - Hartford Athletic
- Real Monarchs Fall 2-0 to Hartford Athletic - Real Monarchs SLC
- San Antonio FC Defeats New York Red Bulls II 2-1 on the Road - San Antonio FC
- Rising Hosts Las Vegas Lights FC Tonight at 7:30 - Phoenix Rising FC
- Republic FC and Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Partner to Award Scholarships to Local Students - Sacramento Republic FC
- September 18 Postponed, Home Match on October 15 Moved to October 16 - Hartford Athletic
- Know Your Opponent: San Antonio FC - Sacramento Republic FC
- Tacoma Travels to Take on Oakland Roots SC Wednesday Evening - Tacoma Defiance
- Austin's Own Sonny G Returns to Austin Bold FC - Austin Bold FC
- Local Artist Marco Estrada Puts Indomitable Spin on Popular Mexican Game - Sacramento Republic FC
- Republic FC Signs Goalkeeper Carlos Saldaña - Sacramento Republic FC
- Rising Tries Its Luck vs Vegas at Wild Horse Pass - Phoenix Rising FC
- LouCity to Launch Line of Collectible Commemorative Tickets - Louisville City FC
- RDA Weekend Recap - September 11-12 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Forbes' Goal-Scoring Double Earns Team of the Week Honor - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- François and Sparrow Voted to Team of the Week - Miami FC
- Glasgow Rangers, Orange County Soccer Club Continue World-Class Partnership with Holiday Week Camps in Irvine - Orange County SC
- Oakland Roots vs. Tacoma Defiance Match Notes - Oakland Roots
- Battery to Celebrate Hometown Heroes Night September 22 - Charleston Battery
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Louisville City FC Stories
- Hoppenot Stars in Another LouCity Win at Indy Eleven
- What to Watch for with LouCity at Indy Eleven
- LouCity to Launch Line of Collectible Commemorative Tickets
- LouCity Limits OKC Energy FC to Earn Its Latest Away Result
- What to Watch for with LouCity at OKC Energy FC