Austin's Own Sonny G Returns to Austin Bold FC
AUSTIN, TX Austin Bold FC announced today the signing of midfielder Sonny Guadaramma to the 2021 USL Championship roster, pending league and federation approval. Per club policy, contract terms will not be released.
"You'll be hard pressed to find an Austin Bold fan that doesn't also love Sonny G. Besides being a great midfielder, he embodies the team and community values that we've been building since the beginning," said Austin Bold FC Head Coach, Ryan Thompson. "We welcome him back to the Bold with open arms and are excited to see what he achieves this season."
Guadaramma, 34, cultivated his skills and love for soccer in Austin, TX. A graduate of Cedar Park High School, Guadarrama was a three-time All-District MVP with the Timberwolves and played club ball with the Austin Flyers and Austin Capitals.
He began his professional career in 2006 with six-time Liga MX champions Santos Laguna. After two seasons with Santos, Guadarrama moved to Ascenso MX club Mérida FC., where he scored two goals in 31 appearances in parts of three seasons. Guadarrama joined Atlante FC in 2010, appearing in 50 matches and scored five goals for the club from 2010-16 while also spending time on loan to Venados, Club Necaxa and Dorados de Sinaloa. With San Antonio FC in 2018, he appeared in 18 matches and registered a pair of assists. He joined Austin Bold FC for their inaugural season at Circuit of The Americas in 2019 where he played in 27 matches and made 582 successful passes.
In addition to being the most decorated soccer player in Austin, Sonny is very involved in giving back to the community that helped get him to where he is today. He currently serves as the Founder and Technical Director of Roots Fútobol, an organization that helps youth players by nourishing each player with soccer-specific training, cross-over sports activities, nutritional and psycho-social guidance, movement activities, and homework sessions.
Catch Sonny and the Bold at an upcoming match at Circuit of The Americas! Single-game tickets starting at $15 and fans can visit www.AustinBoldFC.com for more information on tickets and matches.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 15, 2021
- Battery, Atlanta Share Points in 1-1 Draw - Charleston Battery
- Obregón Jr. Pushes Hartford to 2-0 Victory over Real Monarchs - Hartford Athletic
- Real Monarchs Fall 2-0 to Hartford Athletic - Real Monarchs SLC
- San Antonio FC Defeats New York Red Bulls II 2-1 on the Road - San Antonio FC
- Rising Hosts Las Vegas Lights FC Tonight at 7:30 - Phoenix Rising FC
- Republic FC and Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Partner to Award Scholarships to Local Students - Sacramento Republic FC
- September 18 Postponed, Home Match on October 15 Moved to October 16 - Hartford Athletic
- Know Your Opponent: San Antonio FC - Sacramento Republic FC
- Tacoma Travels to Take on Oakland Roots SC Wednesday Evening - Tacoma Defiance
- Austin's Own Sonny G Returns to Austin Bold FC - Austin Bold FC
- Local Artist Marco Estrada Puts Indomitable Spin on Popular Mexican Game - Sacramento Republic FC
- Republic FC Signs Goalkeeper Carlos Saldaña - Sacramento Republic FC
- Rising Tries Its Luck vs Vegas at Wild Horse Pass - Phoenix Rising FC
- LouCity to Launch Line of Collectible Commemorative Tickets - Louisville City FC
- RDA Weekend Recap - September 11-12 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Forbes' Goal-Scoring Double Earns Team of the Week Honor - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- François and Sparrow Voted to Team of the Week - Miami FC
- Glasgow Rangers, Orange County Soccer Club Continue World-Class Partnership with Holiday Week Camps in Irvine - Orange County SC
- Oakland Roots vs. Tacoma Defiance Match Notes - Oakland Roots
- Battery to Celebrate Hometown Heroes Night September 22 - Charleston Battery
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.