Long Island Three-Game Win Streak Snapped, Dropping Second Home Game of the Season
LONG ISLAND - The Long Island Nets (11-5), the NBA G League affiliate of the Brooklyn Nets, saw their three-game win streak come to an end as they fell 110-101 to the Maine Red Claws (5-11) at NYCB LIVE, home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
Brooklyn two-way forward/center Alan Williams set a career-high and a 2018 NBA G League season record with 27 rebounds in the loss. Williams added 19 points and three assists to his stat line as well. The 27 rebounds are tied for the fourth-most rebounds in a single game in NBA G League history and Williams' 21 defensive rebounds tied for the most defensive rebounds in a game in NBA G League history.
Long Island guard Jordan McLaughlin led all scorers with a career-high 29 points and added six rebounds and two assists. Brooklyn two-way guard/forward Theo Pinson scored 23 points with four rebounds, eight assists and a steal.
Maine jumped out to an early lead, shooting just under 50 percent in the first quarter and outscored the Nets 33-26 in the period. There were 10 lead changes in the opening period, but Maine led by as much as 10 points in the quarter.
The Red Claws extended their lead in the second quarter, opening up as large as a 15-point lead, before heading into halftime up 12, 65-53. The Nets fought back in the third quarter, outscoring the Red Claws 25-22 in the period, but that wouldn't be enough.
Maine entered the final period up nine, 87-78. The Nets cut the lead to as low as six points, but they couldn't complete the comeback. The teams tied 23-23 in the final period and Maine topped Long Island by a score of 110-101.
Boston two-way guard P.J. Dozier recorded a triple-double, leading the team in points (25) and assists (10), while also having 11 rebounds, a steal and two blocks. Maine forward Sheldon Jeter came off the bench to score 22 points, with two rebounds, two steals and a block, shooting 6-of-8 from 3-point range.
The Nets and Red Claws will travel to Las Vegas for the NBA G League Showcase, where Long Island will take on the Rio Grande Valley Vipers on Thursday, 12/20, at 3 p.m. ET, and Maine will take on the Lakeland Magic on Wednesday, 12/19, at 5:30 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 16, 2018
- NAZ Suns Suffer Big Defeat at Hands of Memphis Hustle - Northern Arizona Suns
- Hustle & Hannahs Heat up in the Desert, Rout Suns 119-79 - Memphis Hustle
- Brandon Goodwin Signs Two-Way Contract with Denver Nuggets - Memphis Hustle
- Long Island Three-Game Win Streak Snapped, Dropping Second Home Game of the Season - Long Island Nets
- Dozier's Triple-Double Lifts Maine Past Long Island - Maine Red Claws
- Erie BayHawks Complete Trade with Canton Charge - Erie BayHawks
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire J.J. Avila - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Legends Acquire Ryan Boatright - Texas Legends
- Santa Cruz Warriors Outlast Erie BayHawks 101-100 Behind Marcus Derrickson's Big Night - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Oklahoma City Struggle Versus Fort Wayne - Oklahoma City Blue
- Legends Go Back-To-Back in Sellouts and Wins - Texas Legends
- Stars Drop Game to Kings - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Nets Stories
- Theo Pinson and Alan Williams Selected to Midseason All-NBA G League East Team
- Mitch Creek Rejoins Long Island Nets
- Suspended Game Between Long Island Nets and Erie BayHawks Rescheduled for March 13
- Long Island Drops Matinee to Fort Wayne in Brooklyn
- Long Island Nets Acquire Kevin Olekaibe