Hustle & Hannahs Heat up in the Desert, Rout Suns 119-79
Prescott Valley, Ariz. - The Memphis Hustle earned a 119-79 victory over the Northern Arizona Suns on Sunday at the Prescott Valley Event Center, marking the team's fifth win in the last six games. The Hustle led wire-to-wire and scored the game's first 14 points, building to a 71-37 lead at halftime. It also marks the Hustle's second win by 40 points or more this season.
Memphis more than doubled Northern Arizona on the glass, grabbing a franchise record 61 rebounds to Northern Arizona's 26, which is the least by any Hustle opponent in franchise history. The Hustle were also efficient overall offensively, shooting 50.0 percent from the field (42-84 FG) and 48.6 percent (17-35 3P) from three-point range, while stifling the Suns to 34.5 percent (29-84 FG) overall.
Dusty Hannahs led all scorers with a season-high 30 points on 11-of-18 shooting (7-11 3P) and had a season-high six rebounds. Hannahs has scored at least 20 points in six of his last eight games. Tyler Harvey continued to break out in a starting role, scoring 21 points on 7-of-12 from the field (4-7 3P) to go with five rebounds and three assists. Tarik Phillip had a productive 20 points, six rebounds, four assists and three steals.
Doral Moore (17 points, 10 rebounds) set a season-high in scoring for the second straight game while recording his second double-double of the season. Two-way player D.J. Stephens had season highs in scoring (14) and rebounding (8) while knocking down all three of his three-point attempts.
Daxter Miles Jr., Phillip's teammate at West Virginia, led the Suns with 22 points on 9-of-14 shooting (3-6 3P). Elie Okobo (14 points) and Peter Jok (11 points) also scored in double figures for the Suns.
The Hustle will continue a six-game road trip this week at MGM Resorts NBA G League Showcase in Las Vegas, the league's premier in-season scouting event. First, the team will take on Raptors 905 on Tuesday, December 19, at 2 p.m. CT before taking on the Wisconsin Herd the following day at 2:30 p.m. CT. Both games will take place inside the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
The team returns to Landers Center on Thursday, January 3 at 7 p.m. to take on the Stockton Kings. Tickets are still available starting at $10 each and fans wishing to attend can purchase tickets at ticketmaster.com, the Landers Center Box Office, online at MemphisHustle.com or by calling (901) 888-HOOP.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 16, 2018
- NAZ Suns Suffer Big Defeat at Hands of Memphis Hustle - Northern Arizona Suns
- Hustle & Hannahs Heat up in the Desert, Rout Suns 119-79 - Memphis Hustle
- Brandon Goodwin Signs Two-Way Contract with Denver Nuggets - Memphis Hustle
- Long Island Three-Game Win Streak Snapped, Dropping Second Home Game of the Season - Long Island Nets
- Dozier's Triple-Double Lifts Maine Past Long Island - Maine Red Claws
- Erie BayHawks Complete Trade with Canton Charge - Erie BayHawks
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire J.J. Avila - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Legends Acquire Ryan Boatright - Texas Legends
- Santa Cruz Warriors Outlast Erie BayHawks 101-100 Behind Marcus Derrickson's Big Night - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Oklahoma City Struggle Versus Fort Wayne - Oklahoma City Blue
- Legends Go Back-To-Back in Sellouts and Wins - Texas Legends
- Stars Drop Game to Kings - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Memphis Hustle Stories
- Hustle Guard Tarik Phillip Signs with Washington Wizards
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Dusty Hannahs to 10-Day Contract
- Rio Grande Valley Gets Red-Hot from Three-Point Range to Eliminate Hustle from G League Playoffs
- Memphis Hustle to Host Hustle Budweiser Watch Party for Friday's Playoff Game at Buffalo Wild Wings in Southaven
- Strowbridge's Dagger Sends Hustle to Conference Semifinals