Long Island Falls to Raptors 905
LONG ISLAND - The Long Island Nets (18-9), the NBA G League affiliate of the Brooklyn Nets, fell to the Raptors 905 (17-11) 113-87 on Martin Luther King Jr. Day at NYCB LIVE, home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
Brooklyn two-way forward/center Alan Williams led the team with 20 points and had seven rebounds and two steals in 25 minutes in the loss. Long Island forward Okaro White registered a double-double with 17 points and a team-high 12 rebounds along with a steal in 29 minutes, while Brooklyn two-way guard/forward Theo Pinson scored 13 points and had eight rebounds, seven assists and three steals in 29 minutes.
Long Island trailed by as many as 16 points in the first period before finishing the quarter at a 14-point deficit, 34-20. The Nets cut the lead to five in the second quarter, but the Raptors answered back and quickly expanded on their lead, taking a 60-42 advantage into halftime.
The third quarter was the only quarter the Nets won, 22-19, but it wasn't enough. Raptors 905 put their foot on the pedal and posted a 34-point fourth quarter before winning this one 113-87.
Toronto two-way guard Jordan Loyd had a game-high 24 points along with six rebounds, six assists and two steals in 32 minutes of play. Raptors two-way center Chris Boucher had 22 points, nine rebounds, an assist, a steal and three blocks in 17 minutes in the victory.
Long Island will head to Salt Lake City to take on the Stars on Friday, Jan. 25, at 9 p.m. ET, while the Raptors will return home to take on Westchester on Wednesday, Jan. 23, at 7:30 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 21, 2019
- Threes Power Go-Go to Win over Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Legends Eclipse Wolves in Late-Game Thriller - Texas Legends
- Wolves Unable to Convert in Final Seconds, Lose to Legends - Iowa Wolves
- Long Island Falls to Raptors 905 - Long Island Nets
- Windy City Erases 14-Point Deficit, Beat Westchester 97-94 in Overtime - Windy City Bulls
- Greensboro Falters to Canton - Greensboro Swarm
- Huge Third Quarter Puts Charge over Greensboro - Canton Charge
- Warney Leads Five in Double-Figures in Loss to Texas - Westchester Knicks
- Stars Acquire Tanner McGrew - Salt Lake City Stars
- World Record Night Friday, January 25 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Washington Wizards Sign Gary Payton II to a 10-Day Contract - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Memphis Hustle Acquire Justin Tillman - Memphis Hustle
- Legends Acquire Asauhn Dixon-Tatum - Texas Legends
- Trail Blazers Assign Gary Trent Jr. to Texas Legends - Texas Legends
- Hornets Assign Dwayne Bacon and Devonte' Graham to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Nets Stories
- Long Island Nets Acquire Returning Player Rights to Deng Adel and Jakarr Sampson in Three-Team Trade
- Long Island Nets Announce Staff Additions
- Long Island Nets Acquire Returning Player Rights to Anthony Brown
- Long Island Nets Name Matt Riccardi General Manager & Shaun Fein Head Coach
- Long Island Nets Announce 2019-20 Schedule