Greensboro Falters to Canton
(GREENSBORO, N.C.) - The Greensboro Swarm, the NBA G League affiliate of the Charlotte Hornets, fell to the Canton Charge, 121-96, on Monday at the Fieldhouse at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex. Chinanu Onuaku had his 19th double-double (10 points, 12 rebounds) of the season for Greensboro (12-16) but it was 56 percent shooting from Canton (12-15) that paved their path to victory.
The Swarm trailed the Charge, 54-52, at the half but a lopsided third quarter allowed Canton to cruise down the stretch. The Charge shot 60 percent in the quarter, including 7-for-12 on 3-pointers and outscored Greensboro, 36-16, in the frame. The lead would grow to as much as 29 points as Canton sealed its seventh road win.
Including Onuaku, the Swarm was led by Dwayne Bacon's 20 points and nine rebounds. The Hornets' assignee was making his eighth appearance with Greensboro. Also on assignment, Devonte Graham had five points. Jaylen Barford scored 15 points with four rebounds off the bench. JP Macura added 11 points.
Canton's starting five all scored in double figures, led by Sir'Dominic Pointer's 20 points and eight rebounds. JaCorey Williams and Kobi Williams each had 18 points. Levin Randolph had 15 points while Scoochie Smith chipped in 11.
The Swarm play 10 if its next 12 games on the road, starting with the Lakeland Magic on Friday at 7 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 21, 2019
- Threes Power Go-Go to Win over Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Legends Eclipse Wolves in Late-Game Thriller - Texas Legends
- Wolves Unable to Convert in Final Seconds, Lose to Legends - Iowa Wolves
- Long Island Falls to Raptors 905 - Long Island Nets
- Windy City Erases 14-Point Deficit, Beat Westchester 97-94 in Overtime - Windy City Bulls
- Greensboro Falters to Canton - Greensboro Swarm
- Huge Third Quarter Puts Charge over Greensboro - Canton Charge
- Warney Leads Five in Double-Figures in Loss to Texas - Westchester Knicks
- Stars Acquire Tanner McGrew - Salt Lake City Stars
- World Record Night Friday, January 25 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Washington Wizards Sign Gary Payton II to a 10-Day Contract - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Memphis Hustle Acquire Justin Tillman - Memphis Hustle
- Legends Acquire Asauhn Dixon-Tatum - Texas Legends
- Trail Blazers Assign Gary Trent Jr. to Texas Legends - Texas Legends
- Hornets Assign Dwayne Bacon and Devonte' Graham to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greensboro Swarm Stories
- Greensboro Swarm Adds Connor Burchfield
- Chinanu Onuaku to Participate in February Training Camp for USA Basketball's Men's World Cup Qualifying Team
- Swarm Hold off BayHawks in Front of Capacity Crowd
- Hornets Recall Bacon and Graham from Greensboro Swarm
- Red Claws End Swarm Streak