Wolves Unable to Convert in Final Seconds, Lose to Legends
Frisco, Texas - Trailing by one point in the game's final possession, the Iowa Wolves (9-21) took and missed three shots in the last 7.0 seconds, losing to the Texas Legends (10-20) 119-118 Monday afternoon on the road.
Iowa has now lost its last five games and are 2-8 in the past 10 games.
Darius Johnson-Odom tied a team-high with 26 points along with eight rebounds and a team-high nine assists in the loss. The former Marquette University standout finished 8-of-17 from the floor, including 7-of-7 from the free throw line.
Jonathan Stark came off the bench to record a season-high 26 points on 11-of-17 shooting. He added three steals and four rebounds in 31 minutes of action.
Trailing by 14 points at the end of three quarters, the Wolves outscored the Legends 37-24 in the final frame but ultimately fell short.
Defensively, Iowa allowed Texas to shoot 50.0% from the field.
Denver Nuggets two-way transfer Brandon Goodwin recorded his first double-double of the season, finishing with 14 points and 10 rebounds in his first game with Iowa.
Jaylen Johnson tallied double-digit points (13) while starting for the first time this season for the Wolves.
Justin Dentmon poured in a game-high 29 points for the Legends. Portland Trail Blazers two-way transfer Gary Trent Jr. added 24 points off the bench for Texas.
Iowa continues its six-game road trip Thursday night against the Stockton Kings at 9:00 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 21, 2019
- Threes Power Go-Go to Win over Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Legends Eclipse Wolves in Late-Game Thriller - Texas Legends
- Wolves Unable to Convert in Final Seconds, Lose to Legends - Iowa Wolves
- Long Island Falls to Raptors 905 - Long Island Nets
- Windy City Erases 14-Point Deficit, Beat Westchester 97-94 in Overtime - Windy City Bulls
- Greensboro Falters to Canton - Greensboro Swarm
- Huge Third Quarter Puts Charge over Greensboro - Canton Charge
- Warney Leads Five in Double-Figures in Loss to Texas - Westchester Knicks
- Stars Acquire Tanner McGrew - Salt Lake City Stars
- World Record Night Friday, January 25 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Washington Wizards Sign Gary Payton II to a 10-Day Contract - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Memphis Hustle Acquire Justin Tillman - Memphis Hustle
- Legends Acquire Asauhn Dixon-Tatum - Texas Legends
- Trail Blazers Assign Gary Trent Jr. to Texas Legends - Texas Legends
- Hornets Assign Dwayne Bacon and Devonte' Graham to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Iowa Unable to Complete Comeback in Season Finale
- Wolves Lock Down in Fourth Quarter to Secure Win over Suns
- Iowa Takes Care of Business in Home Finale against Wisconsin
- Wolves Take Down Spurs in Come-From-Behind Victory
- Road Woes Continue for Iowa in Loss to Long Island