Hornets Assign Dwayne Bacon and Devonte' Graham to Greensboro Swarm
Charlotte Hornets General Manager Mitch Kupchak announced today that the team has assigned forward Dwayne Bacon and guard Devonte' Graham to the Greensboro Swarm, the team's NBA G League affiliate.
Dwayne Bacon has appeared in 23 games averaging 4.6 points, 1.5 rebounds and 0.7 assists in 10.6 minutes per game in his second season with the Charlotte Hornets. Bacon was selected 40th overall in 2017 NBA Draft by New Orleans and acquired by Charlotte, along with cash considerations, in exchange for Frank Jackson (31st overall) on draft night. The assignment to the Greensboro Swarm will mark the eighth of the 2018-19 G League season for Dwayne Bacon. He has appeared in seven games for the Swarm, averaging 20.9 points, 7.4 rebounds and 2.7 assists in 33.1 minutes per game.
Graham has appeared in 26 games for the Hornets, holding averages 4.2 points and 2.2 assists in 12.3 minutes per game. Charlotte acquired the rights to Graham, the 34th overall selection in the 2018 NBA Draft, from the Atlanta Hawks in a draft night trade. The assignment marks Devonte' Graham's sixth assignment to the Greensboro Swarm this season. The rookie guard has appeared in six games for the Swarm, averaging 25.3 points, 5.5 rebounds and 6.3 assists in 34.2 minutes. Among players with five or more appearances this season, Graham's 25.3 points per game ranks sixth in the G League.
Bacon and Graham will be available for the Swarm's game today against the Canton Charge at The Fieldhouse at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex at 2 pm.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 21, 2019
- Threes Power Go-Go to Win over Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Legends Eclipse Wolves in Late-Game Thriller - Texas Legends
- Wolves Unable to Convert in Final Seconds, Lose to Legends - Iowa Wolves
- Long Island Falls to Raptors 905 - Long Island Nets
- Windy City Erases 14-Point Deficit, Beat Westchester 97-94 in Overtime - Windy City Bulls
- Greensboro Falters to Canton - Greensboro Swarm
- Huge Third Quarter Puts Charge over Greensboro - Canton Charge
- Warney Leads Five in Double-Figures in Loss to Texas - Westchester Knicks
- Stars Acquire Tanner McGrew - Salt Lake City Stars
- World Record Night Friday, January 25 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Washington Wizards Sign Gary Payton II to a 10-Day Contract - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Memphis Hustle Acquire Justin Tillman - Memphis Hustle
- Legends Acquire Asauhn Dixon-Tatum - Texas Legends
- Trail Blazers Assign Gary Trent Jr. to Texas Legends - Texas Legends
- Hornets Assign Dwayne Bacon and Devonte' Graham to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.