Lions Begin Two-Game Road Trip Saturday in Dallas
ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando City SC (7-18-4, 25 points) begins a two-game road trip when it travels to face FC Dallas (15-6-9, 54 points) on Saturday, Oct. 6. Kickoff is set for 8 p.m. ET at Toyota Stadium.
The match will be locally televised on TV27 and YouTube TV. It will be transmitted on Real Radio 104.1 FM in English and La Nueva AM 990 in Spanish.
"For us, obviously, we're desperate to play games and we felt as if we were a little unlucky not to win the game against Houston and we've been able to work on a couple of things," Lions head coach James O'Connor said. "They've obviously got some pace with [Michael] Barrios, they've got players that work extremely hard, they're very organized and they've had a lot of success from set pieces of late. For us it's analyzing where they're strong, the areas that they try to get into, make the players aware of it and then try and create some problems for them when we have the ball."
The Lions are coming off a 0-0 draw against Houston on Sept. 22. Adam Grinwis made his MLS debut, making three saves to earn a clean sheet.
Dom Dwyer leads City with 12 goals, while Yoshimar Yotún leads the team with 10 assists.
FC Dallas enters the match unbeaten in its last four league games, most recently drawing the Portland Timbers 0-0 on Sept. 29. Dallas clinched a 2018 Audi MLS Cup Playoff spot with the draw.
Roland Lamah leads Dallas with eight goals, while Maxi Urruti has seven goals and nine assists.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 4, 2018
- Timbers Weekly Update: October 4, 2018 - Portland Timbers
- MNUFC Match Preview | News and Notes Ahead of Philadelphia Union - Minnesota United FC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decision Announced - MLS
- Three More FC Dallas Players Called to National Team Duty - FC Dallas
- Adaptation and Progression Continues with New Coaching Regime - Orlando City SC
- Acosta Voted MLS Player of the Month - D.C. United
- Tyler Adams Named No. 2 on MLS' 22 Under 22 List - New York Red Bulls
- D.C. United Midfielder Luciano Acosta Voted MLS Player of the Month Presented by EA SPORTS - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC Transfers Midfielder Mohammed Abu to Norwegian First Division Side Valerenga Fotball - Columbus Crew SC
- Jon Patricof to Vacate NYCFC President Position and Take up Board Role - New York City FC
- Midfielder Saphir Taider Called up by Algeria - Montreal Impact
- Lions Begin Two-Game Road Trip Saturday in Dallas - Orlando City SC
- S2 Earns Point in 2-2 Draw with LA Galaxy II - Seattle Sounders FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.