Tyler Adams Named No. 2 on MLS' 22 Under 22 List
HARRISON, N.J. - New York Red Bulls midfielder Tyler Adams has been named to No. 2 on the 22 Under 22 list, compiled by MLSSoccer.com.
Adams, 19, has featured for New York since making his MLS debut in 2016, notching 47 starts and 50 appearances. He's scored two goals, tallied 11 assists and helped the Red Bulls to the 2017 U.S. Open Cup Final, 2017 MLS Cup Playoffs and 2018 Concacaf Champions League semifinals.
He was named to his first MLS All-Star Game roster in 2018.
The Homegrown Player was also named to MLS' 24 Under 24 list in 2017.
"Maybe I'm biased, but he's a beast and we all know that," teammate Sean Davis said. "We're lucky to see him play week in, week out. His mentality, his growth has been unbelievable and he's a great representation for the club and he makes us all proud."
The Wappinger Falls, New York, native got his first international goal in the U.S.' 2-0 win over Mexico on September 11, in his seventh senior cap. Adams has been involved in every USMNT match since getting his first cap last November against Portugal.
Adams began with the Red Bulls Regional Development School as an Under-12 player. In 2015, he became the first player to progress from RDS through the academy system to a professional contract, signing with NYRB II at 16.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 4, 2018
- Timbers Weekly Update: October 4, 2018 - Portland Timbers
- MNUFC Match Preview | News and Notes Ahead of Philadelphia Union - Minnesota United FC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decision Announced - MLS
- Three More FC Dallas Players Called to National Team Duty - FC Dallas
- Adaptation and Progression Continues with New Coaching Regime - Orlando City SC
- Acosta Voted MLS Player of the Month - D.C. United
- Tyler Adams Named No. 2 on MLS' 22 Under 22 List - New York Red Bulls
- D.C. United Midfielder Luciano Acosta Voted MLS Player of the Month Presented by EA SPORTS - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC Transfers Midfielder Mohammed Abu to Norwegian First Division Side Valerenga Fotball - Columbus Crew SC
- Jon Patricof to Vacate NYCFC President Position and Take up Board Role - New York City FC
- Midfielder Saphir Taider Called up by Algeria - Montreal Impact
- Lions Begin Two-Game Road Trip Saturday in Dallas - Orlando City SC
- S2 Earns Point in 2-2 Draw with LA Galaxy II - Seattle Sounders FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- Red Bulls Fall in New England
- Match Preview: Red Bulls Conclude Two-Match Road Trip at New England
- Red Bulls Snap Three-Match Losing Streak, Tie SKC, 2-2
- Match Preview: New York Starts Two-Match Roadtrip, Begins with Sporting KC
- New York Red Bulls and Prudential Financial Sign 12 Players to Unified Team