Landmesser named All-CHL for third straight season
SOUTHAVEN, MS --- The Central Hockey League today released the 2006-2007 All-CHL Team and Memphis RiverKings defenseman Derek Landmesser is a selection for the third consecutive season. Landmesser, a five time CHL all-star, joins fellow defenseman Brad Williamson from Colorado, forwards Jeff Christian and Chris Richards from Youngstown, and goalie John DeCaro from Bossier-Shreveport on this year's team.
Landmesser, in his 11th pro season and 6th in Memphis, paces the RiverKings and is third among CHL defensemen with 60 points and 48 assists. The Thunder Bay, Ontario native started in his fourth straight CHL All-Star Game and served as captain for the Northern Conference team this past January. This season is the fourth in his career that he has totaled 60 or more points, while his 81 points last season were the most by a CHL d-man since the 2000-01 season.
Earlier this year, Landmesser became the franchise's all-time assists leader, passing Derek Grant with assist number 273 as a RiverKing on December 15. He also notched his 400th career assist and 500th career point in that same game. Last night (Tuesday), he broke the franchise mark in career games played by playing in his 368th game in a RiverKings jersey, overtaking Don Parsons.
Landmesser and his RiverKings teammates are getting prepared for the playoffs with three regular season games remaining. The team is at Oklahoma City tomorrow (Thursday) and then come home to wrap up the season schedule on Friday and Saturday against Youngstown and Bossier-Shreveport.
A RiverKings game is even more fun when you come as a group. Groups of 10 or more save up to 30% on the box office rate, plus every person in the group receives a player mini bobblehead. Call 662-342-1755 for more information.
RiverKings Single-Game Tickets for all 2006-2007 home games are on sale now at the DeSoto Civic Center box office and at all TicketMaster locations and at ticketmaster.com.
UPCOMING PROMOTIONS: Tuesday, March 20-First 1500 fans receive WMC TV Channel CheerStix; Friday, March 23- First 1500 fans get a RiverKings Zamboni Bank; Post Game Skate;
Saturday, March 24-First 1500 fans take home a 15th Anniversary T-Shirt sponsored by Double Deuce, Bounz, Backyard Burger and the Maddox Foundation; Former "Full House" star Candace Cameron Bure to speak at 5:30 about her "Walk Through Faith"; RiverKings White Out-fans wear white and get a ticket for just $5; Groups of 20 or more can get tickets for just $5 each; Post Game Skate with players.
After every RiverKings home game, the party heads to the new Buffalo Wild Wings on Airways in Southaven, the official Post Game Hang-Out of the RiverKings.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 21, 2007
- Eagles Eliminate Kings Playoff Hopes with 4-1 Win - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Eagles Close Home Schedule with 4-1 Win Over Lubbock - Colorado Eagles
- RiverKings weekly news and notes - Mississippi RiverKings
- Landmesser named All-CHL for third straight season - Mississippi RiverKings
- Kelly Named to 2006-07 All-CHL Team - Arizona Sundogs
- Ryan McLeod Named To CHL All-Rookie Team - New Mexico Scorpions
- Chaumont Selected To CHL All-Rookie Team - Laredo Bucks
- 2006-2007 All-CHL, All-Rookie Teams Announced - CHL
- Christian and Richards named ALL CHL - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Cotton Kings Game Night Preview - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Thunder reinstates Blaznek - Wichita Thunder
- "Goals for Kids" Set to Present Donation to Children's Miracle Network - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Hounds Home Playoff Dates Confirmed - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Cotton Kings Weekly Notes - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Sundogs Skate Past New Mexico 4-1 - Arizona Sundogs
- Scorpions Point Streak Ends In Arizona - New Mexico Scorpions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.