"Goals for Kids" Set to Present Donation to Children's Miracle Network
LUBBOCK, TX: March 21, 2007 - The Lubbock Cotton Kings of the Central Hockey League (CHL) announce that the money raised by the "Goals for Kids" program will be presented to the Children's Miracle Network during a pregame ceremony conducted this Saturday, as the Cotton Kings close out the regular season with a 7:05 PM face-off against the Amarillo Gorillas at City Bank Coliseum.
The "Goals for Kids" program was formed by Cotton Kings veteran Captain Bobby Brown, who built a relationship with the Children's Miracle Network (CMN) back during the inaugural 1999/2000 season when Brown was in his first stint with the Kings. He formed the program this season as a way to reward children served by CMN through goals he scored on the ice. Brown invited individuals and sponsors to join him as he has made charitable contributions towards the program for each goal he has scored this season. Several individuals and corporate sponsors have joined Brown in his efforts and donations have combined for over $200 per goal. With 22 goals so far this season, Brown has already surpassed over $4,000 on the season. The Kings have three games remaining on the regular season schedule and Brown would like to have the total go over $4,500. Brown will present CMN with a check on Saturday prior to the game, and joining Brown will be outside donors to the program. Those individuals and/or business represented include Andy Mears, City Bank, Doug Halcomb, Dr. Brian Norkiewicz, Dr. Jimmy Lovering, Kim Britz, Mr. & Mrs. Gary Greenstreet, Sherhonda Ginn, Stacey Bauman and Texas Roadhouse. It is not to late to assist the "Goals for Kids" program, and interested individuals may contact Stacey O'Brien with the Cotton Kings at 806-747-7825 for additional information or to make a contribution.
The Cotton Kings are competing in their eighth season of professional hockey in the South Plains. Lubbock is currently on the road and facing Colorado this evening, and their next home game at the City Bank Coliseum is scheduled for Saturday with a 7:05 face-off against the Amarillo Gorillas. Individual ticket and corporate sponsorship information is available by contacting the Cotton Kings office at (806) 747-7825. Additional 'Kings info can be found online via their official site at www.cottonkings.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 21, 2007
- Eagles Eliminate Kings Playoff Hopes with 4-1 Win - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Eagles Close Home Schedule with 4-1 Win Over Lubbock - Colorado Eagles
- RiverKings weekly news and notes - Mississippi RiverKings
- Landmesser named All-CHL for third straight season - Mississippi RiverKings
- Kelly Named to 2006-07 All-CHL Team - Arizona Sundogs
- Ryan McLeod Named To CHL All-Rookie Team - New Mexico Scorpions
- Chaumont Selected To CHL All-Rookie Team - Laredo Bucks
- 2006-2007 All-CHL, All-Rookie Teams Announced - CHL
- Christian and Richards named ALL CHL - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Cotton Kings Game Night Preview - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Thunder reinstates Blaznek - Wichita Thunder
- "Goals for Kids" Set to Present Donation to Children's Miracle Network - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Hounds Home Playoff Dates Confirmed - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Cotton Kings Weekly Notes - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Sundogs Skate Past New Mexico 4-1 - Arizona Sundogs
- Scorpions Point Streak Ends In Arizona - New Mexico Scorpions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.