Hounds Home Playoff Dates Confirmed
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio - The Youngstown SteelHounds announced today that their home dates for their upcoming first round best-of-seven playoff series have been confirmed by the Central Hockey League (CHL).
The Hounds will be home on Wednesday, April 4th, Friday, April 6th and Saturday, April 7th (if necessary). All games will be played at the Chevrolet Centre with face-off scheduled for 7:05 PM.
"I am extremely pleased to get these dates established this early on," said SteelHounds General Manager Joe Gregory. "Most teams have to wait until the conclusion of the regular season but with all scenarios we are assured these dates so it gives our fans a chance to have some advance notice to buy their seats and make arrangements to be at the Chevy Centre for the SteelHounds Playoffs."
The SteelHounds will begin the 2007 post-season on the road with games against Memphis, Bossier-Shreveport or Colorado depending on the outcome of the final weekend of games. The starting date for games #1 and #2 in those potential cities varies depending on the location. The games played in Youngstown will be games #3, #4 and #5 (if necessary). Should the series require to play games #6 and/or #7, they will be played on the road for the Hounds.
"Of course we would have liked to been a higher seed," said SteelHounds Head Coach Kevin Kaminski. "But with the way we are playing right now I have confidence against anyone and having three straight games at home in front of our crowd and our fans should be an advantage despite being the lower seed."
Individual game playoff tickets went on sale last Friday and start as low as $8.00. All home playoff games will be designated with a matching letter for the game.
First Round Hounds Home Playoff Schedule (best-seven-series):
Game 'A' (Game #3) - Wednesday, April 4th @7:05 PM
Game 'B' (Game #4) - Friday, April 6th @ 7:05 PM
Game 'C' (Game #5) - Saturday, April 7th @ 7:05 PM (if necessary)
For more information or to purchase playoff tickets call the Hounds at (330) 747-PUCK (7825).
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 21, 2007
- Eagles Eliminate Kings Playoff Hopes with 4-1 Win - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Eagles Close Home Schedule with 4-1 Win Over Lubbock - Colorado Eagles
- RiverKings weekly news and notes - Mississippi RiverKings
- Landmesser named All-CHL for third straight season - Mississippi RiverKings
- Kelly Named to 2006-07 All-CHL Team - Arizona Sundogs
- Ryan McLeod Named To CHL All-Rookie Team - New Mexico Scorpions
- Chaumont Selected To CHL All-Rookie Team - Laredo Bucks
- 2006-2007 All-CHL, All-Rookie Teams Announced - CHL
- Christian and Richards named ALL CHL - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Cotton Kings Game Night Preview - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Thunder reinstates Blaznek - Wichita Thunder
- "Goals for Kids" Set to Present Donation to Children's Miracle Network - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Hounds Home Playoff Dates Confirmed - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Cotton Kings Weekly Notes - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Sundogs Skate Past New Mexico 4-1 - Arizona Sundogs
- Scorpions Point Streak Ends In Arizona - New Mexico Scorpions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Youngstown SteelHounds Stories
- SteelHounds Franchise Terminated?
- Franck And Richards Honored As Team MVP's
- Hounds Offer Early Bird Specials for 08-09 Season Tickets
- SteelHounds Weekly
- Hounds season ends in 1-0 loss