Kelly Named to 2006-07 All-CHL Team
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Ariz. - The Arizona Sundogs, in conjunction with the Central Hockey League, today announced that Sundogs All-Star forward Brent Kelly has been named to the 2006-07 All-CHL Team. Kelly has also been named as a finalist for the CHL's Most Valuable Player Award which will be announced on Monday, March 26th.
Kelly currently leads the CHL in goals with 40, ranks third in points with 89, fourth in assists with 49, and sixth in power play goals and assists with 14 and 26 respectively. His six game-winning goals are good enough for eighth in the league and ranks first in shots with a total of 324 through 53 games.
The Kitchener, Ontario native has tallied 29 multiple-point games to date and has been held scoreless just eight times this season. In a game in Laredo, Texas on February 9, Kelly collected the first-ever hat trick in Sundogs franchise history, helping his club to a 5-2 win. He has been tagged twice as the CHL Oakley Player of the Week and currently carries an eight game point streak dating back to February 20th.
The lone Sundogs representative during the 2007 CHL All-Star Game, Kelly was tagged as an Alternate Captain and voted a starter for the Southern Conference by CHL Head Coaches, communications departments and members of the media representing each market.
Kelly missed 6 games over a two week period with Arizona, seeing time with the Sundogs' American Hockey League Affiliate, the Albany River Rats. In seven games with the AHL club, Kelly collected one goal, one assist and six penalty minutes.
Other players named to the All-CHL team include forwards Jeff Christian and Chris Richards of the Youngstown SteelHounds, defensemen Derek Landmesser of the Memphis RiverKings and Brad Williamson of the Colorado Eagles, and rookie netminder John DeCaro of the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs.
All-CHL Team members were selected through balloting among CHL head coaches.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 21, 2007
- Eagles Eliminate Kings Playoff Hopes with 4-1 Win - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Eagles Close Home Schedule with 4-1 Win Over Lubbock - Colorado Eagles
- RiverKings weekly news and notes - Mississippi RiverKings
- Landmesser named All-CHL for third straight season - Mississippi RiverKings
- Kelly Named to 2006-07 All-CHL Team - Arizona Sundogs
- Ryan McLeod Named To CHL All-Rookie Team - New Mexico Scorpions
- Chaumont Selected To CHL All-Rookie Team - Laredo Bucks
- 2006-2007 All-CHL, All-Rookie Teams Announced - CHL
- Christian and Richards named ALL CHL - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Cotton Kings Game Night Preview - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Thunder reinstates Blaznek - Wichita Thunder
- "Goals for Kids" Set to Present Donation to Children's Miracle Network - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Hounds Home Playoff Dates Confirmed - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Cotton Kings Weekly Notes - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Sundogs Skate Past New Mexico 4-1 - Arizona Sundogs
- Scorpions Point Streak Ends In Arizona - New Mexico Scorpions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.