Chaumont Selected To CHL All-Rookie Team
LAREDO, Texas - The Central Hockey League today announced the All-Rookie team, which included Bucks forward Bobby Chaumont. The native of Sudbury, Ontario, is second among all CHL rookies with 59 points. Laredo is on the road to close the 2006-07 regular season. Games One and Two of the first round are set for March 30th and 31st at the LEC. The opponent is yet to be determined. Bucks playoff tickets are now available. For more info call (956)-718-BUCK (2825).
Chaumont, who was selected to the CHL Southern Conference All-Star team, has had a terrific first year campaign. Among CHL rookies he is first with 17 power play assists, tied for second with 26 goals, is third with 33 assists and tied for third with 12 power play goals.
"I really feel that we had a lot of good rookies this year. Bobby has always put up good numbers thru his junior and college career and he continued to do that in his first pro season," said Bucks head coach Terry Ruskowski. "Bobby and Chris Korchinski have worked together and complemented each other very well. It is great for our organization to see Bobby selected to the CHL All-Rookie team."
Chaumont has had a season full of highlights including a goal in the CHL All-Star Game and a pair of overtime winners for the Bucks.
Chaumont played four years of major junior hockey with his hometown Sudbury Wolves in the Ontario Hockey League. Chaumont never missed a contest in four seasons and his string of 272 straight games played with Sudbury is the longest in OHL history eclipsing the previous record of 266. In his junior career he totaled 109 goals and 213 career points. He led the Wolves in goals in each of his four seasons.
All members of the CHL All-Rookie team were selected through balloting among CHL head coaches.
Last year Bucks goalie Dov Grumet-Morris and defenseman Adam Rivet were selected to the CHL All-Rookie team.
The Central Hockey League Rookie of the Year will be announced on Thursday. Chaumont and Korchinski are each finalists for the award.
BECOME A BUCKS CORPORATE PARTNER
- Your company can become a vital part of the Laredo Bucks family by reaching our fans with your business message. To create a customized advertising package for your company, contact Summer Barrera at (956) 523-7723 or [email protected]
BUCKS IN THE COMMUNITY
- To schedule an appearance by a Bucks player, coach, or member of the front office staff call Traci Melendez at (956) 718-BUCK (2825) or email her at [email protected]
- There will be post-game skates at the LEC following Friday, Saturday and Sunday games. The only exceptions will be if there is a post-game jersey auction, there will not be a post-game skate.
BUCKS ON THE AIR
- Listen to every Bucks game, home and away, on Norteno 1490. You can also hear the Bucks online at www.laredobucks.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 21, 2007
- Eagles Eliminate Kings Playoff Hopes with 4-1 Win - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Eagles Close Home Schedule with 4-1 Win Over Lubbock - Colorado Eagles
- RiverKings weekly news and notes - Mississippi RiverKings
- Landmesser named All-CHL for third straight season - Mississippi RiverKings
- Kelly Named to 2006-07 All-CHL Team - Arizona Sundogs
- Ryan McLeod Named To CHL All-Rookie Team - New Mexico Scorpions
- Chaumont Selected To CHL All-Rookie Team - Laredo Bucks
- 2006-2007 All-CHL, All-Rookie Teams Announced - CHL
- Christian and Richards named ALL CHL - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Cotton Kings Game Night Preview - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Thunder reinstates Blaznek - Wichita Thunder
- "Goals for Kids" Set to Present Donation to Children's Miracle Network - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Hounds Home Playoff Dates Confirmed - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Cotton Kings Weekly Notes - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Sundogs Skate Past New Mexico 4-1 - Arizona Sundogs
- Scorpions Point Streak Ends In Arizona - New Mexico Scorpions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.