Scorpions Point Streak Ends In Arizona
[ PRESCOTT VALLEY, Ariz. ]-The Scorpions saw their five-game point streak end with a 4-1 loss to Arizona. New Mexico 's magic number to clinch the division remains at three.
The fans were definitely entertained in the first period. High flying, end-to-end action with multiple scoring chances dominated the first 20-minutes.
Unfortunately for Scorpions fans, the Sundogs were the only ones who found the back of the net. Dmitri Leonov collected a rebound goal on the power play giving the home team the 1-0 lead. Later in the period, Chris Bartolone extended the lead at the 17:36 when he found the back of the net for his first of two goals in the game.
The Scorpions got on the scoreboard power play style. Aaron MacInnis' slap shot beat goalie Mike Wall on the glove side and cut the lead down to one.
Arizona would reclaim the two-goal lead on the power play. Bartolone picked up his second goal of the game. Leonov added an empty net goal to finish the scoring.
The Scorpions return to the Santa Ana Star Center Friday night for a battle with Colorado. The "Sci-Fi Night" puck drops at 7:35 p.m.
Saturday night the Scorpions play their final home game of the regular season with a 7:05 p.m. battle against the Rocky Mountain Rage. Buy your Red Out T-Shirt for only $15 and get a free ticket to the game. In addition, six lucky fans attending the game on March 24 will have a chance to win $10,000 in the Santa Ana Star Casino Cash Drop.
Don't forget to buy your playoff tickets as the Scorpions will look to win their first CHL Championship. Tickets packages available by calling the Scorpions office at (505) 881-PUCK  or by visiting www.scorpionshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 21, 2007
- Eagles Eliminate Kings Playoff Hopes with 4-1 Win - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Eagles Close Home Schedule with 4-1 Win Over Lubbock - Colorado Eagles
- RiverKings weekly news and notes - Mississippi RiverKings
- Landmesser named All-CHL for third straight season - Mississippi RiverKings
- Kelly Named to 2006-07 All-CHL Team - Arizona Sundogs
- Ryan McLeod Named To CHL All-Rookie Team - New Mexico Scorpions
- Chaumont Selected To CHL All-Rookie Team - Laredo Bucks
- 2006-2007 All-CHL, All-Rookie Teams Announced - CHL
- Christian and Richards named ALL CHL - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Cotton Kings Game Night Preview - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Thunder reinstates Blaznek - Wichita Thunder
- "Goals for Kids" Set to Present Donation to Children's Miracle Network - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Hounds Home Playoff Dates Confirmed - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Cotton Kings Weekly Notes - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Sundogs Skate Past New Mexico 4-1 - Arizona Sundogs
- Scorpions Point Streak Ends In Arizona - New Mexico Scorpions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.