Gonzales Moves To AHL
[RIO RANCHO, N.M.]- The Scorpions organization has lost their most tenured employee to the AHL. Michael Gonzales has taken a account executive job with the Texas Stars, who will take the ice for the first time this fall.
"I am sad to leave the Scorpions because of the great friendships I have created with the staff and fans," said Gonzales. "It is also exciting to get a chance at the next level and return home, closer to my family. I look forward to this new challenge."
Gonzales has been with the Scorpions since the 2004-05 season. Throughout his tenure with New Mexico, the Texas native has risen from Account Executive to Senior Account Executive to Ticket Director.
"Mike will be missed by everyone that is a part of the Scorpions family," said Adam Minnick, Scorpions Public Relations Director. "Coming to the office everyday you knew Mike would be there with a smile and a good joke, no matter what was going on around us."
The Scorpions ownership continues to work towards solutions to make the Scorpions viable for the 2009-2010 season. Visit www.scorpionshockey.com for all the latest news on the situation.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from June 30, 2009
- Gonzales Moves To AHL - New Mexico Scorpions
- Murphy Resigns As Scorpions Head Coach - New Mexico Scorpions
- Symington Wins Seat in World Series of Poker - Odessa Jackalopes
- Gorillas bring back former CHL - Amarillo Gorillas
- Oilers Host Free Agent Camp - Tulsa Oilers
- Bucks Sign Rookie Defenseman Sample - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.