Lancers Knock off the Fargo Force for the Fifth Time this Season
OMAHA, NE. - The Lancers were coming into this matchup undefeated against the Fargo Force. A perfect 4-0. Omaha knew they were the better team from the start, but with Fargo coming off a high-scoring weekend sweep last week against Sioux Falls, the Lancers knew their confidence was sky high.
Omaha wasted no time getting up on the board. Just 2:11 into the game, Owen Fowler picked up his sixth goal of the season, with Jared Wright and Morgan Winters with the assists.
A pass from Winters triggered a shot from Wright that originally was stopped by Fargo goaltender, Louden Hogg. But, Owen Fowler has right on the doorstep and was able to hammer it home to make it 1-0 early.
That was followed up less than three minutes later when Kennedy O'Connor found Ethan Elias in the neutral zone. Elias carried the puck in deep, and found Garrett Wright at the top of the goal crease. G. Wright was able to find the five-hole on Hogg to make an early 2-0 lead.
The 2-0 lead stood through the beginning of the second period, when the Force split the lead in half.
While short-handed, Ben Huggins found Andre Gasseau in the attacking zone. Who proceeded to have his shot blocked down low by Omaha goaltender, Kevin Pasche.
However, the rebound given up by Pasche was too much for him to corral, leaving Cole Knuble with a wide open net in which he buried a goal. Making it a 2-1 game early in the second period.
The one goal lead lingered for about six minutes until Garrett Wright decided to double dip.
Matt Romer found Elias at the point, who's shot went wide. That led to a big bounce off the back boards in which Garrett Wright was able to redirect in for his second goal of the night, and to retake the two goal lead halfway into the matchup.
At the tail end of the second frame, Jared Wright scored the last goal of the night for Omaha.
Ethan Elias found Owen Fowler heading into the attacking zone. He then fed Jared Wright the puck who used his speed to beat out a Fargo defenseman, to end up sneaking a puck in five-hole on Hogg. Making it a 4-1 game heading into the second intermission.
Fargo was able to score 14:48 into the third period to cut the lead to two goals as Tyler Gross knocked one by Pasche off a pass from Cooper Gay. Which ultimately ended the game with a 4-2 victory for the Lancers.
The Lancers improve to 15-7-3-1 on the season, and with a Sioux City victory, still find themselves tied for second in the western conference.
The Lancers will be back in action tomorrow (1/8) as they'll hit the road to take on the Des Moines Buccaneers. Puck is set to drop at 6:00 P.M. That game can be caught of HockeyTV and MixLR.
This press release was brought to you by Skradski's Heading and Cooling!
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from January 8, 2022
- Stampede Rebound for Big Win in Lincoln - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Gamblers Take Overtime Thriller - Green Bay Gamblers
- Jackson Blake Registers Hat Trick, Steel Fall 6-5 in Overtime against Green Bay - Chicago Steel
- Team USA Sweeps Dubuque in Wild 6-5 Thriller - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Tresca Pots a Hat Trick, Lumberjacks Sweep Madison in 7-1 Win - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Five Third Period Goals Seal a Comeback Win for Omaha - Omaha Lancers
- Storm Top Hawks 4-1 - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Storm Set for Showdown with Black Hawks - Tri-City Storm
- Capitols Fall in Series Opener to Muskegon in 2022 Home Debut - Madison Capitols
- Storm Blasts Buccaneers in 6-1 Win - Tri-City Storm
- Stars Downed by Musketeers 4-3 - Lincoln Stars
- Phantoms Knock off Cedar Rapids 3-1 - Youngstown Phantoms
- Lancers Knock off the Fargo Force for the Fifth Time this Season - Omaha Lancers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.