LAFC Hosts Seattle Sounders FC on Sunday Afternoon
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) gets set to take on the Seattle Sounders FC on Sunday afternoon at Banc of California Stadium. The top two teams in the Western Conference will face off in consecutive weeks, as the clubs will also meet at CenturyLink Field next Sunday, April 28.
This Sunday's clash in the Heart of Los Angeles is scheduled for 4:00 p.m. PT and will be broadcast on FS1, ESPN 710 AM, and 980 AM "La Mera Mera'.
LAFC comes into the match after suffering its first defeat of the regular season - a 1-0 mid-week loss against the Vancouver Whitecaps FC. Despite the defeat, the Club remains in first place in the Supporters' Shield standings with a 6-1-1 (19 points) record. At Banc of California Stadium, LAFC is a perfect 4-0-0, outscoring its opponents 10-3.
Meanwhile, the Sounders (5-0-1; 16 points) are now the last undefeated team remaining in MLS. Last weekend, the Cascadia Cup side earned a 3-2 victory over Toronto FC at CenturyLink Field, and it currently sits three points back of LAFC with two games in hand.
Last season, LAFC and Seattle met twice, with the Black & Gold winning both contests by a 1-0 scoreline. The first meeting came in the 2018 regular season opener, LAFC's first-ever game in Club history on March 4, and the second took place during LAFC's home opener at Banc of California Stadium on April 29.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 20, 2019
- Revolution Top New York Red Bulls, 1-0 - New England Revolution
- Red Bulls Fall in New England - New York Red Bulls
- FC Dallas Defeats Atlanta United FC 2-1 - FC Dallas
- Atlanta United Falls 2-1 against FC Dallas - Atlanta United FC
- Lions Earn 1-0 Victory over Vancouver - Orlando City SC
- 'Caps fall 1-0 in Orlando after late Nani goal - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Union notch third clean sheet of the season in a 3-0 victory - Philadelphia Union
- Chicago Fire Dominates the Colorado Rapids in 4-1 Win - Chicago Fire
- Impact Suffers 3-0 Loss in Philadelphia - Montreal Impact
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Los Angeles FC - April 21, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC Hosts Seattle Sounders FC on Sunday Afternoon - Los Angeles FC
- Storylines | City vs. Vancouver Whitecaps - Orlando City SC
- Houston Dynamo Loan GK Michael Nelson to RGV FC for Las Vegas Lights FC Clash - Houston Dynamo
- Dynamo Fall to LA Galaxy 2-1 on Late Goal - Houston Dynamo
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 2, Houston Dynamo 1 - Friday, April 19, 2019 - LA Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Foundation Partners with the American Heart Association's 'Teaching Gardens' Nutrition Program
- LAFC Forward Carlos Vela Named 2019 Landon Donovan MLS MVP
- LAFC and Kaiser Permanente Celebrate Initiative to Refurbish Futsal Courts Across Los Angeles
- LAFC Eliminated from Playoffs After Falling 3-1 to Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC Fans Encouraged to Bring Donations for Firefighters and Victims of Los Angeles Wildfires