Union notch third clean sheet of the season in a 3-0 victory
CHESTER, Pa. - Philadelphia Union earned their third clean sheet of the season when they faced Montreal Impact at Talen Energy Stadium on Saturday afternoon. The victory is the Union's third consecutive win at home. Cory Burke scored the first goal for the Union, his second of the season. Jamiro Monteiro scored his first MLS goal for the Union on a penalty and Alejandro Bedoya finished with the third goal, his second of the season. Aurelien Collin, Kacper Przybylko, and Matt Freese made their debuts for the club.
Philadelphia Union 3 - Montreal Impact 0
Talen Energy Stadium (Chester, PA)
Saturday, April 20, 2019
TODAY'S MATCH INFO:
Talen Energy Stadium (Chester, PA)
Referee: Robert Sibiga
Assistants Referees: Adam Garner, Felisha Mariscal
Fourth Official: Marcos de Oliveira
VAR: Edvin Jurisevic
AVAR: Gjovalin Bori
Weather: 72 degrees, clear
PHI - Cory Burke 14'
PHI - Jamiro Monteiro (Penalty) 45'
PHI - Alejandro Bedoya (Kai Wagner, Haris Medunjanin) 57'
PHI - Haris Medunjanin (Caution) 62'
PHI - Cory Burke (Caution) 67'
MTL - Evan Bush (Caution) 78'
PHI - Kai Wagner (Ejection) 90'
Philadelphia Union: Andre Blake (Matt Freese, 54'); Raymon Gaddis, Jack Elliott, Aurelien Collin, Kai Wagner; Alejandro Bedoya, Haris Medunjanin, Brenden Aaronson; Jamiro Monteiro; Ilsinho (Fafa Picault, 68'), Cory Burke (Kacper Przybylko ,83')
Substitutes not used: Matt Freese; Olivier Mbaizo, Warren Creavalle, Fabinho, David Accam
Montreal Impact: Evan Bush; Bacary Sagna, Zakaria Diallo, Jukka Raitala, Daniel Lovitz; Michael Azira, Samuel Piette, Saphir Taider (Clement Bayiha, 46'); Orji Okwonkwo (Shamit Shome, HT), Maximiliano Urruti, Harry Novillo (Mathieu Choiniere, 74')
Substitutes not used: Clement Diop; Victor Cabrera, Zachary Brault-Guillard, Anthony Jackson-Hamel
The win against Montreal marks the first time the Union have picked up three points at home against the Impact since August 9, 2014.
The win is also the third consecutive win at home this season.
In his 20th start for the Union, Cory Burke scored his second goal of the season. His first MLS goal came against Montreal on May 12, 2018. Burke was tied for team-lead in goals last season with 10.
Jamiro Monteiro scored his first goal for the Union on a penalty in his fourth appearance for the club.
Alejandro Bedoya scored his second goal of the season and his first career goal against Montreal.
Aurelien Collin made his first career start and appearance for the Union.
Kacper Przybylko and Matt Freese made their debut appearances for the club.
Ilsinho added an assist on the third goal in his 50th career start for the club.
The Union next play on the road at BC Place on Saturday, April 27 in a regular-season match against Vancouver Whitecaps FC (5:00 p.m. ET/PHL17).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 20, 2019
- Revolution Top New York Red Bulls, 1-0 - New England Revolution
- Red Bulls Fall in New England - New York Red Bulls
- FC Dallas Defeats Atlanta United FC 2-1 - FC Dallas
- Atlanta United Falls 2-1 against FC Dallas - Atlanta United FC
- Lions Earn 1-0 Victory over Vancouver - Orlando City SC
- 'Caps fall 1-0 in Orlando after late Nani goal - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Union notch third clean sheet of the season in a 3-0 victory - Philadelphia Union
- Chicago Fire Dominates the Colorado Rapids in 4-1 Win - Chicago Fire
- Impact Suffers 3-0 Loss in Philadelphia - Montreal Impact
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Los Angeles FC - April 21, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC Hosts Seattle Sounders FC on Sunday Afternoon - Los Angeles FC
- Storylines | City vs. Vancouver Whitecaps - Orlando City SC
- Houston Dynamo Loan GK Michael Nelson to RGV FC for Las Vegas Lights FC Clash - Houston Dynamo
- Dynamo Fall to LA Galaxy 2-1 on Late Goal - Houston Dynamo
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 2, Houston Dynamo 1 - Friday, April 19, 2019 - LA Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Union Stories
- First-place Union remain unbeaten in their last six games after draw in front of sellout Talen Energy Stadium crowd
- Union win on the road in Toronto for the first time since 2014
- Union's Mark McKenzie, Matt Real Called up by United States Under-20 National Team Ahead of 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup
- Philadelphia Union Receive $175,000 in General Allocation Money from Nashville SC
- Philadelphia Union Sign Forward Michee Ngalina