Game Notes: Sounders FC at Los Angeles FC - April 21, 2019
Following last Saturday's 3-2 comeback victory over Toronto FC, Sounders FC (5-0-1, 16 points) takes its unbeaten record to Los Angeles to face first-place LAFC (6-1-1, 19 points) on Sunday in a nationally-televised matchup at Banc of California Stadium (4:00 p.m. PT / FS1, YouTube TV, 950 KJR AM, El Rey 1360 AM).
Sounders FC looks to extend its 11-match regular-season unbeaten streak dating back to last season, two shy of the club record (Lindsey Wasson / Seattle Sounders FC).
Sunday's match is being broadcast nationally on FS1 and regionally on YouTube TV, featuring John Strong, Stu Holden and Katie Witham on the call. Sports Radio 950 KJR AM is carrying the contest, with Matt Johnson handling play-by-play and Kasey Keller on color commentary, in addition to Wade Webber, Pete Fewing and James Riley providing pre-match, halftime and post-match coverage. Fans in Western Washington can tune in to El Rey 1360 AM for a Spanish radio broadcast, featuring "Zuper" Mario Rodríguez, Felipe Maqueda and Carlos Tapia.
Seattle is off to its best six-match start to a campaign in club history, with 16 points in its first six games of the season. Dating back to last season, Sounders FC is unbeaten in its last 11 regular season matches (10-0-1), two shy of matching the club record.
Following Sunday's match, Brian Schmetzer's side hosts the San Jose Earthquakes on Wednesday, April 24 (7:30 p.m. PT / JOEtv, YouTube TV, 950 KJR AM, El Rey 1360 AM) before a rematch against LAFC on Sunday, April 28 (1:00 p.m. PT / ESPN, YouTube TV, 950 KJR AM, El Rey 1360 AM).
National TV: FS1
Regional TV: YouTube TV
Talent: John Strong, Stu Holden and Katie Witham
Local Radio: 950 KJR AM
Talent: Matt Johnson and Kasey Keller
Pre-Match, Halftime and Post-Match Talent: Wade Webber, Pete Fewing and James Riley
Local Radio (Spanish): El Rey 1360 AM
Talent: Mario Rodríguez, Felipe Maqueda and Carlos Tapia
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 20, 2019
- Revolution Top New York Red Bulls, 1-0 - New England Revolution
- Red Bulls Fall in New England - New York Red Bulls
- FC Dallas Defeats Atlanta United FC 2-1 - FC Dallas
- Atlanta United Falls 2-1 against FC Dallas - Atlanta United FC
- Lions Earn 1-0 Victory over Vancouver - Orlando City SC
- 'Caps fall 1-0 in Orlando after late Nani goal - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Union notch third clean sheet of the season in a 3-0 victory - Philadelphia Union
- Chicago Fire Dominates the Colorado Rapids in 4-1 Win - Chicago Fire
- Impact Suffers 3-0 Loss in Philadelphia - Montreal Impact
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Los Angeles FC - April 21, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC Hosts Seattle Sounders FC on Sunday Afternoon - Los Angeles FC
- Storylines | City vs. Vancouver Whitecaps - Orlando City SC
- Houston Dynamo Loan GK Michael Nelson to RGV FC for Las Vegas Lights FC Clash - Houston Dynamo
- Dynamo Fall to LA Galaxy 2-1 on Late Goal - Houston Dynamo
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 2, Houston Dynamo 1 - Friday, April 19, 2019 - LA Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Sounders FC Plays to 2-2 Draw with CD Olimpia in First Leg of Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16 Matchup
- Sounders FC Signs Midfielder Miguel Ibarra
- Sounders FC Hosts Tree Planting Event this Sunday
- Sounders FC Re-Signs Defender Alex Roldan
- Sounders FC Welcomes Former Team Captain Brad Evans Back to Club as Official Brand Ambassador