LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 2, Houston Dynamo 1 - Friday, April 19, 2019
- In their seventh game of the season, the LA Galaxy earned a 2-0 victory over the Houston Dynamo at Dignity Health Sports Park.
- The result moves the Galaxy to 6-1-0 with 18 points through seven matches on the season.
- The victory marked the Galaxy's fifth-consecutive win in MLS play.
- This year at home, the Galaxy are now 5-0-0 with 11 goals scored and just five conceded.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored his seventh goal in just his fifth game.
- Ibrahimovic has also added one assist this season.
- In his MLS career, Ibrahimovic has now made 32 appearances and scored 29 goals in his MLS career, in addition to notching 11 assists.
- Defender Diego Polenta scored his first goal of the season with his game winner in the 88th minute of play.
- 17-year-old defender Julian Araujo made his debut start for the LA Galaxy Friday night.
- Guillermo Barros Schelotto is now 6-1-0 all-time as a head coach in MLS.
- In their next match, the Galaxy will travel to face Minnesota United on the road on Wednesday, April 24 before returning for a contest at Dignity Health Sports Park against Real Salt Lake on Sunday, April 28.
- For more information, visit www.lagalaxy.com.
LA Galaxy 2, Houston Dynamo 1
Friday - 8:00 p.m. PT
2019 MLS Regular Season
Dignity Health Sports Park - Los Angeles, California
LA - Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Penalty) 31'
HOU - Alberth Elis (Penalty) 53'
LA - Diego Polenta (Assisted by Jonathan dos Santos) 88'
HOU - A.J. DeLaGarza (caution) 29'
HOU - Matias Vera (caution) 47'
HOU - Alberth Elis (caution) 85'
LA Galaxy: David Bingham; Julian Araujo, Diego Polenta, Daniel Steres, Jorgen Skjelvik; Sebastian Lletget, Jonathan dos Santos, Joe Corona (Servando Carrasco 87'); Romain Alessandrini (Ema Boateng 16' [Giancarlo Gonzalez 90'+1]), Zlatan Ibrahimovic ©, Uriel Antuna.
Substitutions not used: Matt Lampson, Dave Romney, Juninho, Emil Cuello.
Head Coach: Guillermo Barros Schelotto
TOTAL SHOTS: 13; SHOTS ON GOAL: 5; FOULS: 13; OFFSIDE: 4; CORNER KICKS: 4; SAVES: 2.
Houston Dynamo: Joe Willis; Aljaz Struna, Maynor Figueroa, Adam Lundkvist, A.J. DeLaGarza, Tomas Martinez (Juan Cabezas 79'), Matias Vera, Alberth Elis, Boniek Garcia © (Marlon Hairston 85'), Tommy McNamara (Memo Rodriguez 70'), Mauro Manotas
Substitutions not used: Darwin Ceren, Alejandro Fuenmayor, Tyler Deric, Sam Junqua.
Head Coach: Wilmer Cabrera
TOTAL SHOTS: 13; SHOTS ON GOAL: 3; FOULS: 10; OFFSIDE: 1; CORNER KICKS: 5; SAVES: 3.
Referee: Jair Marrufo
Referee's Assistants: Alex Chilowicz and Chris Elliot
4th Official: Guido Gonzales
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 20, 2019
- Revolution Top New York Red Bulls, 1-0 - New England Revolution
- Red Bulls Fall in New England - New York Red Bulls
- FC Dallas Defeats Atlanta United FC 2-1 - FC Dallas
- Atlanta United Falls 2-1 against FC Dallas - Atlanta United FC
- Lions Earn 1-0 Victory over Vancouver - Orlando City SC
- 'Caps fall 1-0 in Orlando after late Nani goal - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Union notch third clean sheet of the season in a 3-0 victory - Philadelphia Union
- Chicago Fire Dominates the Colorado Rapids in 4-1 Win - Chicago Fire
- Impact Suffers 3-0 Loss in Philadelphia - Montreal Impact
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Los Angeles FC - April 21, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC Hosts Seattle Sounders FC on Sunday Afternoon - Los Angeles FC
- Storylines | City vs. Vancouver Whitecaps - Orlando City SC
- Houston Dynamo Loan GK Michael Nelson to RGV FC for Las Vegas Lights FC Clash - Houston Dynamo
- Dynamo Fall to LA Galaxy 2-1 on Late Goal - Houston Dynamo
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 2, Houston Dynamo 1 - Friday, April 19, 2019 - LA Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy to face Orlando City SC this weekend on UniMas
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 0, Colorado Rapids 1 - Sunday, May 19, 2019
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Suspended Two Games
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 0, NYCFC 2 - Saturday, May 11, 2019
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 1, Columbus Crew SC 3 - Wednesday, May 8, 2019